The Dark Mod Forums

TDM v1.05 bug thread

Sotha

I KO'd an AI. I placed the body for another AI to find.

I noticed a possible bug. The AI sees the body and checks it. Then he looks around for the culprit. UNARMED. He is not wielding his sword.

Then when he has searched enough and relaxes, then he pulls out the sword and resumes patrol.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Are you saying the guard had his sword out before finding the body?

No sword out. A non-alerted AI. Sword in sheath. Finds body. Looks around with weapon still in sheath. Pulls out sword as soon as relaxes from the alert and resumes patrol.

EDIT: Read my text and improved it a bit. Maybe I should get some sleep. :rolleyes::blush:

Clipper

Yes. A non alerted AI. Sword in sheath. Find body. Looks around with weapon still in sheath. Pulls out sword as soon as relaxes from the alert and resumes patrol.

Now that you say that; I've seen this behavior before, tho I am not sure if it was with a body - I think it might have been a dropped weapon :huh:

Edit : However this was in 1.03/4... so I dont think it's "new"

AI running speed. Has it been changed?

While testing my WIP I noticed that if I alert the AI I cannot outrun them.

If I run straight line away from the AI's, they will catch me and are able to hit me even if I'm constantly running.

Probably this is not intentional, surely the light armored player should be able to gain distance from the medium armored AI's in a running contest?

Clipper

This was reported before and I thought I already fixed it. I'll have to look into it.

I just tested this and can't confirm it. I was able to gain a little ground on the AI while running away. Do you have more details? Which AI was it? Did you have a weapon out?

I just tested this and can't confirm it. I was able to gain a little ground on the AI while running away. Do you have more details? Which AI was it? Did you have a weapon out?

A citywatch and an armed commoner. I don't think I had a weapon, can't remember now.I'll test it again.

Clipper

A citywatch and an armed commoner. I don't think I had a weapon, can't remember now.I'll test it again.

Hm.. Actually now when I tested, I was able to elude the citywatch.

But atdm:ai_thief_thug catched me even when I didn't even look in his way when I was running away. He could constantly get a hit on me.

Note: he had a torch in his other hand. Maybe run with torch animation is too fast?

Clipper

Just tried it with guard_thug and his run was the same as anyone else's. I see you said thief_thug. I'll try that, though I don't know why it would be different.

edit: Ah, you're right, and I see why. He's using a different weapon, which points to a different run. Not sure why that one is also fast though, but I should be able to fix it.

Just tried it with guard_thug and his run was the same as anyone else's. I see you said thief_thug. I'll try that, though I don't know why it would be different.

edit: Ah, you're right, and I see why. He's using a different weapon, which points to a different run. Not sure why that one is also fast though, but I should be able to fix it.

Yes, he had a club if I remember correctly.

Clipper

Yes, I found the problem. I added a new run_torch animation a while back and forgot to add a spawnarg to slow it down to the speed of the other run. Since most AI with weapons don't use that run, it was easy not to notice. It will be fixed in the next update.

Yes, I found the problem. I added a new run_torch animation a while back and forgot to add a spawnarg to slow it down to the speed of the other run. Since most AI with weapons don't use that run, it was easy not to notice. It will be fixed in the next update.

Ah, great! Nice job.

Clipper

Encountered a bug in Mandrasola, but I think it's TDM 1.05-related.

Sometimes the gem lights up forever, no matter what kind of light sources are (or not) near.

And when this happens, the screenshots taken are completely black!

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

After updating to 1.05 (Linux) I get the following error when installing any FM:

ERROR: execlp failed with error code 13: Permission denied

The game halts there and doesn't restart with the FM.

Any suggestions?

Try to delete tdm_game02.pk4 and run the updater again, it has a bug and might leave that file corrupt.

Alternatively, have you tried checking for read-only directories?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Try to delete tdm_game02.pk4 and run the updater again, it has a bug and might leave that file corrupt.

Nope, that didn't do it...

Alternatively, have you tried checking for read-only directories?

I see several .pk4 files which are 644 and several others which are 664, so some are read-only for my user's group while others are writable. Changed permissions on those and will try again.

Edit: Nope... no luck :(

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Here's some more detail.... skipping until the juicy bits...

terminal support enabled ( use +set in_tty 0 to disabled )
pid: 8873
4032 MB System Memory
guessing video ram ( use +set sys_videoRam to force ) ..
found XNVCtrl extension 1.26
512 MB Video Memory
Async thread started
guid set to Qu8wuIo63sM
idUsercmdGenLocal::MouseMove: Ignoring ridiculous mouse delta.
Found 0 new mission packages.
Found 45 mods in the FM folder.
TODO: Sys_SetClipboardData
--------- Game Map Shutdown ----------
ModelGenerator memory: No LOD entries.
--------------------------------------
ERROR: execlp failed with error code 13: Permission denied
idUsercmdGenLocal::MouseMove: Ignoring ridiculous mouse delta.
]exit
Shutting down sound hardware
------ OSS Sound Shutdown ------
close sound device
--------------------------------
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
------------ Game Shutdown -----------
Shutdown event system
shutdown terminal support

Here's some more detail.... skipping until the juicy bits...

Fixed it.

I have 2 different links for launching TDM. One for launching TDM in a window for dmap'ing while using DR, and the other full-screen for playing FMs. The one for dmap'ing was launching 'doom3 +set fs_game darkmod', the regular launcher was using 'tdmlauncher.linux' which needs doom3 in /usr/local/games.

I recently re-installed my system and had forgotten to link my doom3 directory into /usr/local/games. Once I linked it there, TDM could install and run FMs properly again.