The Dark Mod Forums

system requirements for an upcomming mission

Johannes Burock

to rech the most fans, i posted it here:

all those who know my screenshots also know that the sysrequ. could be high in some areas (for those who dont know: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/12167-johannes-box/ )

because 7upMan is testing some parts and i want to know how far i can go, i want to know if there are systems which are much slower than this one of 7upMan:

AMD Phenom 2 X3 720 - 2,8 GHz Triple-Core

4 GB DDR2-1066

Radeon HD5770

This one which are faster than this one, dont care...

I think there is room for FMs with higher hardware requirements. In 1999, Thief did not have very good performance on my PC; and in 2002, Calendra's Legacy also lagged. A few years later, both were problem-free.

Of course, proper optimalisation is still adviseable.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

gtx 260 (650mhz)

4x3Ghz Q6600 ;)

looking forward to new maps with better use of grafic cards

EDIT: But in my mind a HD5770 is not that weak ;) but as I said, I like to get better grafics, also if I have to buy a new card.

Edited by Berny

ohh... so pepole like me propably won't able to run your FM well, what a pity :huh:

Athlon Dual Core 4200+ 2200Mhz, Geforce 8800 GT 512MB, 2 GB PC3200 RAM, Win XP

(Return to the City V2 did run smooth on this spec)

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

Optimization is only thing I expecting from D3 sources , TDM is not nextgen game,pc with 2gb ram and 512 mb card should be enough to play it without lags

sorry for that but ....noooo XXXDDDD....also the severs are hard to render on 7upMans PC...after some optim it shouldnt be that big problem but such a slow sys...dont know

After changing to my new Sys with all high end components and overclocking its hard to check when it is too much of detail^^

Edited by Johannes Burock

sorry for that but ....noooo XXXDDDD....also the severs are hard to render on 7upMans PC...after some optim it shouldnt be that big problem but such a slow sys...dont know

After changing to my new Sys with all high end components and overclocking its hard to check when it is too much of detail^^

I don't blame you :)

Id Tech 4 was developed for corridor shooter,I don't think Id expected something like TDM...

Proceed with caution!

Johannes

I dont know why I didnt think fo this earlier... I have a laptop I use for testing my missions to provide some sort of scalability before I release them.

Dell Xps M1330

1280*800 screen

T9550 (a mobile 2.66Ghz c2d)

geforce 8400GS

AV97 on-board sound

4GB ram

vista sp1

It runs all the biggest T2 FM's with ease but for TDM I have had to turn all the options right down to keep the frame rate in the 25fps mark. So if you want another tester etc you know where I am.

Regarding your main rig, that's some monster you got there, mine is -

3.0Ghz core 2 quad (Qx9650)

GTX 480 (asus v-tweak)

6GB DDR2-1066 ram

1.2TB raid-0 array (320*4)

Johannes

I dont know why I didnt think fo this earlier... I have a laptop I use for testing my missions to provide some sort of scalability before I release them.

Dell Xps M1330

1280*800 screen

T9550 (a mobile 2.66Ghz c2d)

geforce 8400GS

AV97 on-board sound

4GB ram

vista sp1

It runs all the biggest T2 FM's with ease but for TDM I have had to turn all the options right down to keep the frame rate in the 25fps mark. So if you want another tester etc you know where I am.

Regarding your main rig, that's some monster you got there, mine is -

3.0Ghz core 2 quad (Qx9650)

GTX 480 (asus v-tweak)

6GB DDR2-1066 ram

1.2TB raid-0 array (320*4)

thats the idea...my old laptop rolleyes.gif, before i created and build up my new machine (called "nabla-operator" laugh.gif for the math, nerds and engineers) i also played tdm on it...thats the way to test, thanks for this idea...so everybody (except betatesters) can fully enjoy the mission at the first time.