The Dark Mod Forums

'trigger_on_close' behaves like what should be 'trigger_when_closed'...

PranQster

If 'trigger_when_opened' triggers its targets when a door is fully opened and 'trigger_on_open' triggers its targets when the door begins to open, then why the heck does 'trigger_on_close' trigger the targets after the door is closed? Shouldn't that be called 'trigger_when_closed' and have 'trigger_on_close' do the triggering as soon as the door starts closing, rather than after it has closed?

I have a custom double-gate, each side assigned to 'adtm:mover_door and am trying to get them to move together. Only one side is frobable and triggers the other side on open... then I go to close them and only one side closes. I'd like them to close together.

I know that this has been discussed before, at least when it comes to triggering door sounds, but the forum search gives so many results by individual key words instead of the whole search phrase.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

You've probably already read this thread.

There have been no issues filed regarding the missing trigger, so I guess folks have figured out how to get around not having it.

You could add one of the prefab cupboards (prefabs->furniture->cabinets->cupboard_darkE.pfb) to your map, then study the following spawnargs on the doors, which open and close together.

frob_peer

frob_master

lock_peer

open_peer

I almost got it... looked up double-doors in the tutorials. (I still wish there was a proper 'trigger_on_close'.)

I followed the tutorial and ended up with a new problem.

If the default 'open_on_unlock' is applied, the doors open together. But then the main door I frob does not close when frobbed next while the second door does :( If I set 'open_on_unlock' to '0', then of course I need to frob the door after unlocking it... but then the second door opens alone and I need an additional frob to open the main door. In both of these situations, the two doors are out of sync, with one opening and the other closing simultaneously. blink.gif

I'll take your suggestion of loading a cabinet prefab and examining that. LOL

Edited by PranQster

Ok, thanks :) that took care of it.

It didn't work properly until I added 'frob_master' to the second door. Strange that 'frob_master' was not in the properties list and needed to be added manually. Now both doors open and close together as they should.

Ok, thanks :) that took care of it.

It didn't work properly until I added 'frob_master' to the second door. Strange that 'frob_master' was not in the properties list and needed to be added manually. Now both doors open and close together as they should.

Good!

Yeah, many spawnargs don't show up in the inherited properties list.

@Pranqster:

A kind warning about double doors to a fellow mapper:

There is a bug. If you have AI's going through a locked double doors, the AI's will systematically always forget to lock the other door. So you'll end up with the other of your double door locked and the other unlocked.

The only way I was able to get the AI to behave properly with the double doors, was to disable the double door auto-setup with spawnarg:

auto_setup_double_door 0

for both of the doors.

Now the doors do not unlock or open together, but at least the AI won't leave them unlocked.

When giving the AI's "can_unlock"-spawargs, remember to give them the possibility to open both of the doors separately, otherwise you get silly behavior: Open door, door locked, can't open it, move to the other the door, unlock, open and proceed.

Just so that you'll not end up with a nasty suprise with the double doors...

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

There is a bug. If you have AI's going through a locked double doors, the AI's will systematically always forget to lock the other door. So you'll end up with the other of your double door locked and the other unlocked.

Is there a bugtracker issue for this? If not, could you please file one and assign it to me? Thanks.