The Dark Mod Forums

Prefabs to download

bob_arctor

These are good basic builds I think - easy enough to detail on your own if you wish, but with enough structure to give a functional house if you aren't interested in that. Thank you! :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

For those who might want to use this in the future, do these kinds of things get added to SVN, or are they stored on a resource website somewhere?

If it could be added to a shared pack that would be useful, as these uploads will likely expire.

Just done an OTT classical style doorway and another townhouse using it. Glad I can be of help filling out the missions. I know making filler buildings can be pretty dull!

townhouse2.jpg

Edited by bob_arctor

For those who might want to use this in the future, do these kinds of things get added to SVN, or are they stored on a resource website somewhere?

Spribgs, I though it was you or Serps that were setting up a website for mappers to upload their prefabs.. I have a truck load that need to be uploaded etc.

Damn those are stunning - I didn't realise before joining the forum that there were prefabricated items larger than the static meshes for tables / trees / gravestones - looks like a real help to people wanting to populate alleys and streets with "scenery" buildings.

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

These are actually combinations of brushes and patches, not models like static meshes. This is a major advantage to TDM editing, since prefabs are very easy to modify, retexture and insert into an existing design, and unlike Dromed multibrushes, they are actually reliable. My soon-to-be completed map used them a lot, and they really speeded up the building process.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

• 1 year later...