Shadowhide

42 members have voted

1. 1. Seasonal Theme

• No Season
    • Barely Defined
    • Season is Clear
    • Season is Captured Well
    • Near Perfect
  2. 2. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag?

3. 3. Aesthetics: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style. Audio, use mood. Storytelling and consistency?

Hi

Time to release my firts mission,seasons contest entry, Winter Harvest

Don't expect much,this is my first mission

Special Thanks to : clearing,MoroseTroll,Mortem Desino,Chuzhoi and all people who helped me with editing

Bugs : some water reflection bugs,snow little bit buggy too in places,but everything else should be OK

Downloads:

version 1.1 (critical bug fixed)

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20316101/winterharvestv1.1.pk4

Edited by Shadowhide
added download link

Proceed with caution!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the release Shadowhide. Just started playing and am wondering if I'm missing something.

Should I be starting with nothing - no weapons, no tools etc. I am also unclear on your second objective. Do you mean don't hurt any innocents (just guards)?

Congrats for the release, shadowhide! Nice to see you got it finished. I'll await playing it with great anticipation.

And everyone, this is a mature community so personal things should not affect the FM gradings, right? Just a kind reminder as I recall someone threatening to give poor grades only because of shadowhide's previous conduct....

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Congrats on the release Shadowhide. Just started playing and am wondering if I'm missing something.

Should I be starting with nothing - no weapons, no tools etc. I am also unclear on your second objective. Do you mean don't hurt any innocents (just guards)?

yes,no tools at the start,you found it later

Proceed with caution!

I've added this to the mission database, so it should show up in the downloader now.

If anybody tells me a better description text or gives me a few screenshots of this mission, I'd be happy to add that.

Hey! I like this! The setting is very different from any other FM so far

set in a large outdoor frozen forest... I also like how the story is told through character interaction with custom dialogue, rather than readables. When I found the neighbor's key, the sound made me jump.

Performance is very good, but I think I might have hit a bug.

I retrieved the Book of Nature for the guy in the dungeon, but I can't give it to him. If I "use it", I can no longer select or use anything else! Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks for the mission!

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

I've added this to the mission database, so it should show up in the downloader now.

If anybody tells me a better description text or gives me a few screenshots of this mission, I'd be happy to add that.

Thanks, Greebo! Downloading now!

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

I retrieved the Book of Nature for the guy in the dungeon, but I can't give it to him. If I "use it", I can no longer select or use anything else! Is this supposed to happen?

Its not a bug.Press 'R' button,than move book to the prisoner,book should be in the world,not in inventory

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

Hey! I like this! The setting is very different from any other FM so far

set in a large outdoor frozen forest... I also like how the story is told through character interaction with custom dialogue, rather than readables. When I found the neighbor's key, the sound made me jump.

Performance is very good, but I think I might have hit a bug.

Thanks for the mission!

Help - how did you get passed the

spider in the attic with no weapons

I can't go any farther as is unless I get my son to do it.:(

Edited by Thiefette

Its not a bug.Press 'R' button,than move book to the prisoner,book should be in the world,not in inventory

Same problem for me. Got book and cannot select anything else or draw the blackjack. Not a single keyboard key kan release the book and it doesn't do anything when I frob all around in the dungeon.

Same problem for me. Got book and cannot select anything else or draw the blackjack. Not a single keyboard key kan release the book and it doesn't do anything when I frob all around in the dungeon.

You mean you can't drop book on the floor ?You don't need to do it,just swing book "in hands" near prisoner's chest.Book must gone and conversation should start

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

Hey Shadow! Played it through this afternoon.

Massively, massively ambitious for a first FM - you're braver than me! x-D

Rest in "spoilers" I think

I was a bit confused by lack of kit until I realised that it was a map laid out to direct you using new kit as a directional tool. I was terrified of the spider in the attic originally I tried to block it off with the crates. xD

I was hugely impressed with the spookiness of the wide wood - even though nothing really attacks you, I creeped around in the shadows.

My main difficulty was in how loud the environmental weather sounds were. Had to reload a few times as what characters were saying was drowned out - and those were crucial to progressing.

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Good first try SH, but...

Despite how you have voted on my missions, I appreciate how much effort is require to build an FM, so that upped the gameplay/asthetics from 1 to 2 stars. I have to ask though, did you beta test your own mission? there more than a few bugs that would have been spotted by your testers (Fyi - the secret to good testing is to have a mixture of mappers and players).

-_-

It's the crown on the floor of the room where you're transported into.

Sorry but there is No

crown in the room in the first transport and the second

I am in the middle of the forest, So where is it?'

Edited by kittykat

I'm one of those that tends to shut doors behind me. Because I have the aforementioned item in my inventory, I'm trapped in the Library because the door is closed and, along with everything else, is unfrobbable.

I can easily load an earlier save, but I don't think a player should inadvertently find themselves in this situation.

First off SH I want to say thanks for the effort to put together this mission.

Please don't take my words as critiques but rather as feed back.

It felt like winter with the crunchy snow and the wind howling however as mentioned earlier that was a problem also as I could barely hear the people speaking. By the end it felt like you were trying to touch on 3? seasons just to have them in there. From winter to summer to winter to spring was a little confusing.

As this was a different type of mission than what is usual I never thought to approach anyone so ran around avoiding everyone and was lost for a long time before reading about it on another post.

I also had difficulty following the story and that may be because of the difficulty hearing the spoken words. It seemed to jump from place to place. It was also difficult to see where I was going in the forest unless I was crouched down and running.

I admire those that can do these kinds of things as well as those that try so keep at it.

Edited by Thiefette

Sorry but there is No

crown in the room in the first transport and the second

I am in the middle of the forest, So where is it?'

When you transport from the cemetary to the swamp to the bedroom (with a ship's wheel on the wall) you'll find it in there