The Dark Mod Forums

What music is playing in the main menu?

LeonArkadius

Oh man, I drop by here every few months and each time I see a thread like this. You have no idea how much this strokes my ego, haha! Can't be healthy!

It's strange how detached I feel from this after all these years, considering I now make a completely (and I mean polar opposite COMPLETELY) different kind of music.

Anyways, I dug up a small treat from the past. I posted this theme in the internal forums as a joke, but it totally crashed because everybody took it seriously o_O

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?hllzg5xmqi7zcgl

PS: I still remember how it was described as 'a little too lively' or something like that lol

@Schatten

I've only been here a month or so and I've seen about 3 versions of this thread, as well as at least one attempt to usurp you. =-P

To be fair it's bloody good - Fidcal reposted one of your old posts explaining the thought that went into it...

Pray tell what you are working on now? ;-P

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Anyways, I dug up a small treat from the past. I posted this theme in the internal forums as a joke, but it totally crashed because everybody took it seriously o_O

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?hllzg5xmqi7zcgl

PS: I still remember how it was described as 'a little too lively' or something like that lol

Man, that is beautiful. Wistful, distant storm, I like it. The thunder limits it somewhat but it could be used in an old-manor-child-ghost-bedroom kind of setting on a stormy night. I'll put it up on the contributions website. I think it could be used on the vitrola - though might be more used without the thunder I guess.

I found a version without the thunder. Does this sound better?

This joke made my day! Thanks! :laugh:

I am a bit surprised, though, that this particular tune isn't hard coded in all gamers mind: people would recognize it.

But of course it isn't and the emphasis on that was fun too. :D

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

• 2 years later...

@Schatten man, the theme is extremely cool. I to my shame didn't recognize it however. But you should throw us smth. else to listen. You definately have a talent, keep up!

Edited by Lex

How we speak depends on how we keep silent.