The Dark Mod Forums

TDM upside-down

vorob

Hmmm...

It should look like the following

Cat.jpg

What version of Windows are you running and what Radeon card have you got..? Also can you please do as I have done, uninstalled the driver, do a driver clean using driver-sweep and then install the latest driver from AMD's website..?

p.s. just out of idle curiosity, what happens when you set that slider to performance...?

No it doesn't look like this. You got some archaic version of driver. That's up to date version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5020311/346346.png

Created thread on official amd forum: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=408&threadid=151535&enterthread=y

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had this ages ago, back when ATI first had tesselation implemented (TruForm, as it was it called). Even after they had discontinued the feature in later driver versions, it kept showing up because I only installed the new versions over the old ones. This seems to be the same here, an old version probably left a registry entry that the new CCC uses. It might be a good idea to check which reg entry switches CatAI on and off.

Edit: My point is: When I reinstalled my OS and also installed a freh version of Catalyst, the TruForm support was gone.

Edited by 7upMan

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Before I do this, I have Driver Sweeper open, how does it work? I want to know what to do before I do this.

It remove all traces of the old driver, you just select ati/amd gfx options

No it doesn't look like this. You got some archaic version of driver.

Nope I downloaded 11.5 from AMD's site today.

But what I'm thinking is its because you guys have a newer card, so... I am on the phone with a mate who has my old 5870 and he is following my steps... so brb....

What the fuck.... Seriously...<sigh> what the fuck are AMD playing at.

Ok, the only other thing I can think of is a registry hack to replace missing Ai controls.. and after some googling I found the following:

The binary reg entry in question is apparently called:

CatalystAI_DEF

The value can be set to 0, 1 or 2. Zero disables AI, 1 sets it to Low, and 2 to High.

On my system its set to 1, so the above dosent apply or is inaccurate. But also, my registry had setting from an old 9.5 driver still in there...<sigh> and there mutliple instances for both the old 9.5 and new 11.5 driver...<ffs>

So, do a search for the binary reg entry "CatalystAI_DEF" and change the value to '1', but to make sure you m=changing the right bit of the registry check the string 2 lines above it (Catalyst version) says 11.5. If the binary entry is missing then right click and select "create new binary value and call it CatalystAI_DEF etc.

post-496-130765372978_thumb.jpg

If the info in the above post dosent work, when the next step is to try the latest hotfix driver (apologies, I didn't think to look for this before now)

AMD catalyst 11.5b - but dont forget to do a clean uninstall/install as before etc.

Lastly if none of the above works then go back to an earlier driver, either 11.2 or 10.9.

But also, my registry had setting from an old 9.5 driver still in there...<sigh> and there mutliple instances for both the old 9.5 and new 11.5 driver...<ffs>

Just what I told you. Perhaps a viable method would be to instal the last available driver that has the CatAI Off option and install the newest driver *over* it.

Alternatively, wait until someone rewrites the tdmlauncher to support other file names. The CatAI optimizations for darkathena would be a nice bonus. However, the RadeonPro method works perfectly fine as long as the CCC is not installed.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Is there any chance at all this can be disabled by the dark mod itself?

From the very beginning i knew that i can disable ai with some third party utility, i was thinking on fixing the issue without using it :) So i pretty sure that radeon pro can fix it.