The Dark Mod Forums

D3 cd key - TDM asking for it...

Bikerdude

Upon finishing a dmap and then about map, TDM asked me for my D3 CD key. I have a retail copy of D3 so it was no prob putting it again, but if its gonna keep asking me this I will be d/ling a crack for D3. but whats more worring, is why was d3 asking for it in the first place! How/Why did it think it was invalid and where is the game reporting back to...

After an TDM quiksave crash a few weeks ago I experienced that as well. No big prop. But also the DoomConfig settings had been reinitalized with no key binds and defaulted gfx settings. Can't say 'cos of the crash or the D3 key inquiry. But felt everything had been reset. Ijust assumed the crash did forced the reset and key inquiry.

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

I seem to remember hearing something on these forums that if you set the doomkey file to read only, d3 cannot modify the contents, and hence you will not get prompted for cd-key afterwards. not sure if its true or not. worth checking out.

Yeah I had the same thing with the expansion of Doom 3. Even if I entered my legal key it wouldn't accept it. Doom 3 itself not a single problem, if you read the forums there are lots of people with that problem. A thing that helped me was to open the console and enter; map testmaps/test_box and after closing that all would be fine.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• taffernicus

i am so euphoric to see new FMs keep coming out and I am keen to try it out in my leisure time, then suddenly my PC is spouting a couple of S.M.A.R.T errors...
      tbf i cannot afford myself to miss my network emulator image file&progress, important ebooks, hyper-v checkpoint & hyper-v export and the precious thief & TDM gamesaves. Don't fall yourself into & lay your hands on crappy SSD

· 2 replies
    • OrbWeaver

Does anyone actually use the Normalise button in the Surface inspector? Even after looking at the code I'm not quite sure what it's for.
      · 7 replies
    • Ansome

Turns out my 15th anniversary mission idea has already been done once or twice before! I've been beaten to the punch once again, but I suppose that's to be expected when there's over 170 FMs out there, eh? I'm not complaining though, I love learning new tricks and taking inspiration from past FMs. Best of luck on your own fan missions!
      · 4 replies
    • The Black Arrow

I wanna play Doom 3, but fhDoom has much better features than dhewm3, yet fhDoom is old, outdated and probably not supported. Damn!
      Makes me think that TDM engine for Doom 3 itself would actually be perfect.
      · 6 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

Maybe a bit of advice ? In the FM series I'm preparing, the two main characters have the given names Toby and Agnes (it's the protagonist and deuteragonist, respectively), I've been toying with the idea of giving them family names as well, since many of the FM series have named protagonists who have surnames. Toby's from a family who were usually farriers, though he eventually wound up working as a cobbler (this serves as a daylight "front" for his night time thieving). Would it make sense if the man's popularly accepted family name was Farrier ? It's an existing, though less common English surname, and it directly refers to the profession practiced by his relatives. Your suggestions ?
      · 9 replies