The Dark Mod Forums

I Passed My A+ Exams!

New Horizon

Jesus, doing exams in my mid thirties, I don't even want to think about it. :blink:

Well done!

Why did you have to do exams before being a computer techinian though? Does Canada have strict rules about the prospective self employed person's qualifications?

Any fucker can start a computer business here, you dont have to know your arse from your elbow.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Why did you have to do exams before being a computer techinian though? Does Canada have strict rules about the prospective self employed person's qualifications?

All kinds of fun little stipulations. I wouldn't be able to work on any brand name computers like IBM, Compaq, Dell. I would end up voiding the warranty without my little sheet of paper. That would leave me with expired warranty systems as a customer base. Having the certification also puts my hourly rate up a couple of notches from what I could charge if I were just a guy doing it on the side. I haven't set my price scale yet, but depending on the job requested it will be anywhere between $15 and $30/ hour. That all hinges on getting my name recognized as a reputable repair person within the community of course.

Any fucker can start a computer business here, you dont have to know your arse from your elbow.

:lol: Yeah, we have some of those around here too and they only charge maybe $10 to do some work, but of course they can't guarantee that work. Up to the customer of course, but I hope to make some good cash with the warranty work. :)

Yeah, congratulations NH! What sort of stuff do you have to know for A+ Certification? I'll have to look it up online later if you don't have time to write.

Sparhawk - A+ is a grade you can get in school, yes; but there's also some sort of computer certification program you can go through that just happens to use "A+" in its name.

Yeah, congratulations NH! What sort of stuff do you have to know for A+ Certification? I'll have to look it up online later if you don't have time to write.

Sparhawk - A+ is a grade you can get in school, yes; but there's also some sort of computer certification program you can go through that just happens to use "A+" in its name.

A+ includes PC hardware and OS maintenance and repair. Also goes into some basic networking and printer maintenance. If you're a daring A+ tech, you can also do some minor Monitor repairs.

You said "OS maintenance"! Everybody heard it! :)

:lol: I'll never say it again.

Oh, by the way. Anyone want to help me come up with a name for my business. Essentially, it's a home based computer repair service. I'm bone dry on names. I can never think of them, but if anyone has an idea of how to convey home computer repair in a clever way, I would appreciate the help.