The Dark Mod Forums

TDM v1.06 bug thread

Briareos H

From playing the Seasons Contest missions (bugs added as I go).

Bug [1]

1. Bring up the blackjack
  2. Open a readable (inventory map in my case)
  3. Click (attack1)
  4. Results in blackjack arm raised indefinitely

Bug [2] (SOLVED - map related with existing workaround):

1. In Rake Off, in the starting cave, looking anywhere below horizontal results in falling snow not displaying

Feature [3]

1. In Reap as you Sow, objectives are numerous and change quite often. Viewing them through the TDM objective screen makes it easy to miss a few, because only a handful of them are displayed at a time and the mouse scrolling doesn't work item by item. Thief had the very simple and clever idea of choosing a much smaller font for large objective lists. Is this possible in TDM and what do people think of that idea?

Edited by Briareos H

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bug 2 (might be map related):In the starting cave, looking anywhere below horizontal results in falling snow not displaying.

Rakeoff did this in TDM 1.05, it can be fixed, but requires the editing of the particle effect and from memory the 'distance hack' unticked. So this isnt a bug with TDM 1.06 but rather the way the particle effect was created.

Rakeoff did this in TDM 1.05, it can be fixed, but requires the editing of the particle effect and from memory the 'distance hack' unticked. So this isnt a bug with TDM 1.06 but rather the way the particle effect was created.

Yes. It's a map bug. This thread proposes one option to fix it if Jesps is considering updating the mission:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/12091-rain-particle-problem/

Check post #24. This is for rain particles, but I am assuming it will work the same for snow..

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

The ceiling spider in rakeoff isn't like a "real spider" - it's not upside down on the ceiling - besides that, the web apparently makes it invulnerable to arrows - is this how ceiling spiders are supposed to work?

Those little baby spiders see the player as team 0, so dont attack. Think of them as similar to rats.

Why do i have to press attack to start missions now?

There appears to be a visual bug at the start of Alberic mission - but maybe it's nothing since i'm in wine - it manifests a black square particle effects spawning in a part of the sky above the start area.

Why do i have to press attack to start missions now?

It is a feature. Loading times are long. People can do whatever while loading. When they come back to the computer the mission is ready and loaded. Better alternative than coming back only to see you've already been killed by a guard.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

This was a great addition IMO :) I remember asking for it a long time ago and I'm super glad it made it through. Maybe the "pause" box could be made somewhat prettier in a future version but anyway the core functionality is there.

It is a feature. Loading times are long. People can do whatever while loading. When they come back to the computer the mission is ready and loaded. Better alternative than coming back only to see you've already been killed by a guard.

Well if you are doing that, you better do it everytime you install a new mission weather you load it or start a new playthrough, because currently it is not pausing when you load a game "cold".

I can understand you not doing it on later loads, because it's faster there, but the first load after starting TDM needs to load the mission, like a new playthrough.

Well if you are doing that, you better do it everytime you install a new mission weather you load it or start a new playthrough, because currently it is not pausing when you load a game "cold".

I can understand you not doing it on later loads, because it's faster there, but the first load after starting TDM needs to load the mission, like a new playthrough.

What do you mean by 'cold'? The 'click to start' should come up every time you load a new map.

Joint 'Head' not found for attachment position 'velvetcap_1' on entity 'idFAAttachment_atdm:ai_head_thief_player_3123'

I got that in both Alberic's Curse and Rake Off. Might it be an issue with letter case, since I use linux which is case-sensitive?

Never mind. Fixed it. I had extracted .def files at some point in time and they were interfering.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

I think something is broken with the unlit lamp textures. The lamp always shows the lit skin.

Example:

skin_lit

lights/squarehanginglamp_colorme

skin_unlit

lights/squarehanginglamp_unlit

It's noticeable in Reap as you sow on the lamp over the pool table...

You can turn that off if you don't like it.

Can you please tell us where or with what args in the doomConfig.cfg?

I think it's a good feature playing missions but gets annoying for map testings while building.

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

If it's not in the menu then you can turn it off with a console command, but I forget what it is off the top of my head.

Because native needing to be in ~/.doom3 sucks ass.

Also, it requires some libs that were phased out of ubuntu.

Ah, ok that makes sense. I'm using Mandriva 2011 cooker and haven't run into problems with removed libraries. Though libgtkglext gave me some trouble for a while and I had to revert to earlier packages... that's fixed now.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8