The Dark Mod Forums

crash in "the heart of lone salvation"

Stealth'91

Are you an nVidia user?

If so, have you disabled "Threaded Optimizations"?

Open Nvidia Control Panel ->

Manage 3D Settings ->

Bottom half of list locate "Threaded Optimization" <-- Set to NO / Off

Also set "Multi-display/Mixed GPU acceleration" to "Single display performance mode"

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Have you tried it with the avast virus checker turned off, the virus checker might be blocking access to certain files in the pk4 files as some virus checkers think that if too many zip files open at once the system is under attack and block access to the zip/pk4 files. There's also the thing that a virus checker slows the system down a lot and hogs memory, and even if they have something called game mode, they still hog more memory and cpu processing than is normal.

Edited by stumpy

Are you an nVidia user?

If so, have you disabled "Threaded Optimizations"?

Open Nvidia Control Panel ->

Manage 3D Settings ->

Bottom half of list locate "Threaded Optimization" <-- Set to NO / Off

Also set "Multi-display/Mixed GPU acceleration" to "Single display performance mode"

i set "leave application decide", i don't use advanced 3d settings...

maybe this help? http://imgcrave.com/u/asdipi.jpg and http://imgcrave.com/u/qaz.jpg

thx for replies

Ok, tnx for the screenshot, but all that indicates is doom3 has crashing itself, so can you give us the following -

PC type/model -

CPU -

Memory -

Windows ver. -

os windows xp home sp3

cpu intel core duo e6750 (2,66+2,66GHz)

ram 3gb ddr2 kingston

gpu nvidia 9600gt 512mb ddr3

mb gigabyte p35-ds3l

audio realtek hd integrated

not sure that specs are of any help... anyway i tried to load a previous savegame and the issue doesn't appear... maybe is the quicksave that is buggy? i made a normal savegame after the incriminated quicksave and the issue appears... so i must restart from the working savegame? and if the issue will re-appear?

this may be a late to ask, but have you installed the latest patch for doom3? And regarding your system specs, don't see any issue there..

I have an off the wall suggestion, and it cant hurt to try. Delete the doomconfig.config file from your darkmod folder, you will have to redo yer key settings, but it might fix it...

this may be a late to ask, but have you installed the latest patch for doom3? And regarding your system specs, don't see any issue there..

I have an off the wall suggestion, and it cant hurt to try. Delete the doomconfig.config file from your darkmod folder, you will have to redo yer key settings, but it might fix it...

nope http://imgcrave.com/u/dgdrg.jpg same shit

my doom version is 1.3.1

thx for reply

Did the gamesave have origins in an earlier version of TDM. By that I mean, even if you saved it while TDM 1.06 was installed, is it possible you reloaded an earlier gamesave made while 1.05 was installed and even if this worked, you later gamesaved and now this one won't? Just to clarify: say you:

•  
  • Installed TDM 1.05
  • played Heart
  • Gamesaved and loaded OK gamesaves 1, 2, & 3
  • Installed TDM 1.06
  • loaded qamesave 3
  • Played OK.
  • Saved gamesave 4.
  • Continued to play OK.
  • Next day you load gamesave 4 and Ker... rash!

I assume its only this FM that your having problems with..? another bit late in the day question..

...?

oh sorry, till now i encountered crash only in this mission and the training one... and every time tdm crashes, it changes my display colours so i have to force restart my pc to restore them...

Did the gamesave have origins in an earlier version of TDM. By that I mean, even if you saved it while TDM 1.06 was installed, is it possible you reloaded an earlier gamesave made while 1.05 was installed and even if this worked, you later gamesaved and now this one won't? Just to clarify: say you:

• Installed TDM 1.05
  • played Heart
  • Gamesaved and loaded OK gamesaves 1, 2, & 3
  • Installed TDM 1.06
  • loaded qamesave 3
  • Played OK.
  • Saved gamesave 4.
  • Continued to play OK.
  • Next day you load gamesave 4 and Ker... rash!

started with 1.06, playing with 1.06... maybe if i restart the entire mission without quicksaving, the issue disappear... in what consist exactly the quicksave bug that i read some time ago?

doom 3 has a higher gamma setting than normal so that when it crashes your left with the higher gamma setting on your desktop than normal, its something along the lines of launch doom 3, set higher gamma setting, close down doom 3, put gamma setting back to original value. so if doom 3 crashes you have the higher gamma setting until you do a soft boot. The majority of crashes I've had with doom 3 have been caused by my virus checker blocking doom 3 file access. So I usually turn the virus checker off when playing TDM.

Edited by stumpy