The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission 48: A Score to Settle, by Springheel (2011/07/01)

Springheel

74 members have voted

1. 1. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag

• Poor
    • Tolerable
    • Good
    • Excellent
    • Near Perfect
  2. 2. Appearance: Vertical use, Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing etc.

• Poor
    • Tolerable
    • Good
    • Excellent
    • Near Perfect
  3. 3. Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

• Poor
    • Tolerable
    • Good
    • Excellent
    • Near Perfect

This is actually the most requested Dark Mod mission I've ever covered, and I can see why.

Definitely one of my favorite levels thus far, to say the least.

Where is the soundtrack for the intro movie from? Swear I've heard somewhere before, possibly Half Life 2?

Edited by V-Man339

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

Definitely one of my favorite levels thus far, to say the least.

High praise, thank you! Glad you enjoyed it, and looking forward to watching the vid!

Where is the soundtrack for the intro movie from? Swear I've heard somewhere before, possibly Half Life 2?

It's one of our ambient tracks, but I don't recall which one off-hand.

• 1 year later...

It doesn't matter which one you use; both dump him in the same place.

The one to dump is Sykes (the briefing shows you a picture of what he looks like, and you can see his name when you pick him up.)

I suppose it's possible something has changed recently that broken the objective...I'll have to look.

Well fuck, the mission is well and truly broken in 2.07...Sykes isn't even in the mission!

• 1 year later...

I decided to play it finally (SVN version --- soon to be 2.09 beta).

I got to the very end, but the very guy that I need to knock down and must not kill is stuck in his own room:

Spoiler

score_to_settle_sykes_stuck.thumb.jpg.38b57a5cc9c021416d2d6b38384b3c5b.jpg

He cannot get out of that bed corner. If I show up with lantern, he cannot get to me. I guess we already discussed that, but trying to use flashbomb on him to knock him down while he is flashed does not work. I think I'll have to spawn a gas arrow 😥

UPDATE: Oh, I see I could find one nearby🤔

• 1 month later...

I think I got most of the way through this mission, but it seems to be stuck and uncompleteable.

Spoiler

I dumped the guy down the chute in his room, but he got stuck at the bottom of the chute and never fell into the actual cesspit. Even if I go down to the lower toilet I cannot reach or frob him to pull him out.

• Haha 1

Hmm, that's unfortunate.  I haven't had anyone report that before.  It's been a little too long to remember, but I didn't think he had to fall all the way to trigger the objective.  I don't know if something has changed with physics lately, or whether you just got unlucky.

• 1 year later...