The Dark Mod Forums

Promotion and what-not

Shadowhide

An "historical reference"? I went away for 3 months? An hysterical defense of you we and your wee need for rules and rulers.

If you need to me to actually spell it out....

You seem to have a habit of complaining about how things are done on this board, before eventually going off on a rant about "censorship" or "authority" or "mommy moderator", offending everyone and their uncle, and then storming off for a few months before quietly coming back and acting like nothing happened.

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/11025-politics-and-ttlg/page__view__findpost__p__216506

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/12423-melan/

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/11733-drivel/

While the "meddling meddlers" is new and cute, you're retreading old ground with the "yip-yapping lapdogs".

Don't be surprised when you post yer "house rules" that the most annoying, weaselly, whining lapdogs come ceaselessly yip-yapping around you to help them deal every wittle time they get their wittle feewings hurt... until it's just you and your most faithfulestest pack of yip-yapping lapdogs tonguing each other's backsides in the echo chamber.

So yes, "we" know you don't like rules. "We" get it. "We've" heard it before.

Or, since you seem to enjoy alliteration, one wonders why we witness worn whining and weary witticisms when wailing won't weaken what works wonderfully well, web-wise.

Yip.

All I can say is boiling this thread into a Moddb story will be tough.

Do we have any screen-shots of Aprilsister protecting Shadowhide from unfair forum treatment?

What about screens of Shadowhide writing scornful remarks with a quill on a piece of parchment that hangs from his neck while an angry mob gathers around.

I know I don't have any pics of myself crying then smashing-up CD-R's with FM's that cannot be played on my weak PC.

:mellow:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

ok,here is the picture which can tell about my (and brethren's) opinion of my TDM work (fm and maps) :

SH, instead of repeating this crap, can't you post something truly daring? Like, say, an animated GIF of 2 Girls 1 Cup?

Of course, that would lead to mommy-moderator insta-ban you from this forum, but that would be a welcome side-effect for us meddling meddlers.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

See, "we", you (you) need to be reminded over again it seems because you don't see, "we", that you don't see.

offending everyone and their uncle

Not true, "we". Many people have many takes. And this is important, "we". Though you (we) may need to feel otherwise 'neath the skirts -- but, look about, wee we, not "everyone" has need to such. Many, to many degrees, can deal with individuals as individuals! Oh boy!

I could go on (and on and on, it's true). And will probably need to revisit, yes, with you ("we"); but! I will leave it with you to see...

storming off for a few months

But, wee we, this is, as has been pointed out, surely a figment of your exaggeration, Oui oui!

quietly coming back

Yes, quiet, me, quietly.

Aaaaanyway...

I am not defending Shadowhide in particular.

Just his right to speak (and defend himself, embarrass himself, prostrate himself, big-up himself, reveal himself, revile himself...express himself ). And others too.

But I do hope that he will build again, despite the spite.

SH, instead of repeating this crap, can't you post something truly daring? Like, say, an animated GIF of 2 Girls 1 Cup?

ok here ya go :

what are you expected ?

awwuz.jpg

But I do hope that he will build again, despite the spite.

i'm not angry

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

If you need to me to actually spell it out....

You seem to have a habit of complaining about how things are done on this board, before eventually going off on a rant about "censorship" or "authority" or "mommy moderator", offending everyone and their uncle, and then storming off for a few months before quietly coming back and acting like nothing happened.

http://modetwo.net/d...c/11733-drivel/

While the "meddling meddlers" is new and cute, you're retreading old ground with the "yip-yapping lapdogs".

"drivel" thread was created by d'Spair . dspair isnt Aprilsister.i know it for sure

Proceed with caution!

Imagine that you are a guest browsing the forum looking at recent topics, wondering if you should join and contribute or at least leave some kind words.

I almost didn't join due to Aprilsister's bizarre thread about Melan and co.

post-8023-131497443641_thumb.jpg

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Ignore list updated. =-3

I don't know what part of your life was so harsh that it makes you enjoy being like this online, so instead of insulting you back - here have a hug.

*Hugs!*

You obviously need it. ^.^

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

I always imagined that you were a complete moron. And now I am assured!

Yeah, gee, what was I thinking when I said you offend everyone? Where on earth could I have gotten such a misconception? I'm curious, do you wake up a complete douche or do you have to work your way up to it?

If you're looking to get yourself banned just so you can feed your sanctimonious persecution complex, please let me know, and I'll be quite happy to indulge you. Given the regular negative outbursts from you about this board and its members, I can't imagine why you'd want to keep coming back here anyway.

Congratulations, now you can go on about how right you are.

Glad I could help.

ok,lets talk on topic

i gonna reply to that second time

Here's a tip - make something worthwhile, and it will get attention on its own. You shouldn't have to resort to blaming everyone else because your inferior creation is not worthy of the mod or these boards.

:laugh:

as you said,i'm an idiot.Maybe its just me,but creating hard scripted mission with alot entities is real pain in ass.For example to dmap WHv1,i was need 5 minutes or so.As you can notice,mission is heavily scripted.When something was not working correct,i was need to spent hours to dmap mission certain times to make a LITTLE scripting tweak.Also,to make mission playable,you need to fuck with visportals and func_static.Its just annoying.

Apart from no talents,i have a very poor darkradiant skill.

I have started bitching about promotion,because of hard work i put in this fucking mission.Right now,i regret about touching the kids darkradiant.

I know,I has made alot grammatical mistakes in this post,but dont be a fucknutt,i'm not nativ english speaker

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

It's all about attitude, SH. You went out of your way to be quite critical of everyone else's maps, so you can't really complain when people are equally critical of yours.

I think your mission had some very good parts and is a worthy effort for a first map (I have a lot of respect for anyone that sees a mission through to completion). If you'd been a little more balanced in your comments to everyone else, you would probably have gotten a lot more positive feedback and encouragement.

Right now,i regret about touching the kids darkradiant.

Us too.

i'm not nativ english speaker

No, really?

(ahem)

Jokes and digs aside, I'll just say this. Springheel and NH said it best, but I'll add that I don't care how accomplished or professional or perfect a mission is. I can get enjoyment out of playing just about any mission. This applied to Thief missions as well - there are countless marginal (or worse) dromed missions, but I can always find some fun in them.

No one cares if your mission is bad. The is a very supportive forum. Everyone is just happy to see missions created, and most authors are going to have a marginal first mission as they learn the editor. Then the next mission is improved, and things get better from there.

What people can't tolerate is your blatant rudeness towards everyone in this forum and specific vitriolic comments aimed at certain specific missions and authors. People will put up with a lot, but not that. There's such a thing as constructive criticism, and it's a concept lost on you. And judging by your signature, you revel in the criticism aimed back at you, which lowers everyone opinion of you even further.

In short, you made your bed. Now don't complain that you have to sleep in it.

Imagine that you are a guest browsing the forum looking at recent topics, wondering if you should join and contribute or at least leave some kind words.

I almost didn't join due to Aprilsister's bizarre thread about Melan and co.

Yep, I know what you're saying. I've been really active here, but recently the atmosphere here has gone so stale that I've been started to keep distance to these forums. Why read this board if it simply results in disappointment, annoyance and frustration. Member filters will help, of course, but you can still see the bad attitude and hostility seeping through.

I don't know what part of your life was so harsh that it makes you enjoy being like this online, so instead of insulting you back - here have a hug.

*Hugs!*

You obviously need it. ^.^

We definately need more people like you and less the other kind.

I appreciate that the moderators are tolerant to certain kind of people, that is dignified: let all flowers blossom and all... Let everyone be what they are.

But we should not let the forum atmosphere to be ruined by a few trouble makers. Letting these guys run their rampage here unchecked will result in a vicious circle, which makes everyone tense and ruins the general (positive, supporting, friendly, respectful) atmosphere.

Let's see if someone throws a mockery towards this simple post. It has been all too usual here these days. :(

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.