Contest Poll Format  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Halloween element, Storytelling and consistency

• One Star
    • Two Stars
    • Three Stars
    • Four Stars
    • Five Stars
  2. 2. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag?

• One Star
    • Two Stars
    • Three Stars
    • Four Stars
    • Five Stars
  3. 3. Aesthetics: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style. Audio use, mood.

• One Star
    • Two Stars
    • Three Stars
    • Four Stars
    • Five Stars

Looks great PranQster!

Keep that pace going and you'll be ready well before the contest deadline :)

Thanks. I'm about 2/3 done... at least what I have planned so far. Need to do briefing & objectives, a couple readables, set up start inventory, and place a few lights and sounds. Mapping is about 85% finished, but still need an exit zone and a few details here and there.

I promise it to be fun.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

My mission is called "Samhain", and it is now in beta (in-house). It is playable in all 3 difficulties, though Expert should be quite a challenge (no-kill) and ghosting is not possible. A few finishing touches yet to do for lighting and some ai paths to adjust. It's fairly small... around 8MB packed. It shall stay that way unless I get a sudden new idea which I can't resist.

My mission is called "Samhain", and it is now in beta (in-house). It is playable in all 3 difficulties, though Expert should be quite a challenge (no-kill) and ghosting is not possible. A few finishing touches yet to do for lighting and some ai paths to adjust. It's fairly small... around 8MB packed. It shall stay that way unless I get a sudden new idea which I can't resist.

man, this is cool. I'm not even in the middle of the process. :wacko:

These are the entrants:

Biker

SiyahParsomen

Mortem Desino

Fieldmedic

PranQster

Stumpy

Xcen

Melan hasn't explicitly dropped-out but he has hinted that this is likely due to his cramped work schedule. (I still wanna see that mission he was planning though)... I hope he can pull through and stay in the game. :)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Is anyone using my mask for their FM? Would be cool to see it used in-game.

I'd love to, but can't see a way of fitting it in right now since I have no AI which would be apt to wear a mask. But we'll see... I do have one idea which might work... will have to tinker around with it a bit later.

I'd love to, but can't see a way of fitting it in right now since I have no AI which would be apt to wear a mask. But we'll see... I do have one idea which might work... will have to tinker around with it a bit later.

Nice, I'll make sure to try to play it regardless.

A picture of said mask would be helpful

I didn't really think that there were so many masks that there was any doubt to which I meant.

PlagueDoctorMasklow3.png

It's not in any released version of TDM yet (will be included in the next one) but I uploaded it so you can use it before the next release anyway:

http://dl.dropbox.co.../plaguemask.rar

Melan hasn't explicitly dropped-out but he has hinted that this is likely due to his cramped work schedule. (I still wanna see that mission he was planning though)... I hope he can pull through and stay in the game. :)

Better now than at the last possible moment: since I am very unlikely to even to start working on a map let alone finish one... the chances of entering the contest are almost nil. Which sucks because I was all for this contest and had an idea lined up I have been meaning to put into DR since last year... but priorities are priorities. Thank you, Real Life. :(

I might make some (limited) progress with the main project I am working on if I am lucky, though. And I would still like to return to my contest idea; I think it's pretty nifty.

(Also, nice to see PranQster is close to finishing already - see, people? It can be done!)

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Is anyone using my mask for their FM? Would be cool to see it used in-game.

I tried putting it in, but it renders only solid black. Doesn't matter if I extract the .rar into my darkmod directory, or if I extract it and repackage all as a .pk4 (and put that into my darkmod directory)... either way it renders black. I had the same problem with the bellows originally... I don't think I ever got it fixed until the bellows was officially packaged with TDM. Will look more later at the materials file.

Oh please I would love to put a couple jack-o-lanterns in my mission.

PM me your email and I'll send them. :)

I tried putting it in, but it renders only solid black. Doesn't matter if I extract the .rar into my darkmod directory, or if I extract it and repackage all as a .pk4 (and put that into my darkmod directory)... either way it renders black. I had the same problem with the bellows originally... I don't think I ever got it fixed until the bellows was officially packaged with TDM. Will look more later at the materials file.

I think I found the problem. Apparently I had called my dds texture map "texture" instead of "textures". If you're feeling brave you can just try changing the name of the "texture" folder here: "[map_name]\dds\models\darkmod\props". Alternatively you can just download a new fixed copy at the same location as before:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2000935/plaguemask.rar

I apologize for the inconvenience.

mines called 'the house in blackbog hollow'

Aww man - I'd LOVE to see some swamps or woodland!

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling