Contest Poll Format  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Halloween element, Storytelling and consistency

• One Star
    • Two Stars
    • Three Stars
    • Four Stars
    • Five Stars
  2. 2. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag?

• One Star
    • Two Stars
    • Three Stars
    • Four Stars
    • Five Stars
  3. 3. Aesthetics: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style. Audio use, mood.

• One Star
    • Two Stars
    • Three Stars
    • Four Stars
    • Five Stars

I second that!

@SH, my first request then is a for a firefly prefab please!

ok,but you should set up your mission .script file first

http://modetwo.net/d...irst_map_script

(you dont need to write anything in it yet)

I will send prefab tomorrow,when I be at home

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

I'd like to make some little prefabs with scripted events for you if you want

I think that would be very appreciated.

If you want to contribute to the community scripted prefabs we'd all be more than thrilled about it, really!

A lot of mappers just don't get scripting. I know I don't, I have a very basic understanding of it but to get any simple task done takes tons of trouble shooting/frustration.

I completely agree. And it is unfortunate, because AI conversations truly do bring a mission to life. For me it is by far the most difficult part, and I know I will need help when I get to that stage. I very much appreciate the offer, Shadowhide, and hope it is still being offered when I get that far.

And it is unfortunate, because AI conversations truly do bring a mission to life

You don't need to know anything about scripting to do AI conversations. DR has a built-in conversation editor (I had two in my mission and I know nothing about scripting).

You don't need to know anything about scripting to do AI conversations. DR has a built-in conversation editor (I had two in my mission and I know nothing about scripting).

I didn't realize that. How strange that any mission would be released without conversations, then.

Heh, I'm gonna practice my old Benny voice and start recording a bunch of stuff.

The talk of scripting reminds me... I'd love to get the DR scripting menu working. Even though I have all the python requirements installed and everything else suggested for DR, I still get no scripting menu :( No big deal since all is needed is a text editor for scripts, but I also don't have any option to export anything to a model.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

I didn't realize that. How strange that any mission would be released without conversations, then.

Well, 'conversation' is a technical term from Dromed that doesn't necessarily mean two ai 'speaking'.

it's a system that mimicks Dromed's for doing any number of 'scripted' events with ai. making them use a machine, interact with other ai, it can include speech (but that can require custom vocals which can be tough to get done).

So the ai that play cards are involved in a conversation, though they don't speak. that's a prefab that Spring made but i think it's mainly coreographed animations.

------------

At Shadowhide, yeah things like object interactions are exactly what we need a good database of.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

I think people overestimate how hard it is. I have struggled with adding specific tasks and animations to a conversation (say this, then go there and do this) but just having two AI stand and talk to each other is quite easy. The only difficult part is recording the dialogue.

Well, all ye good sirs, I've got my Halloween mission rescued, and I'm back to working on it. :) It'll be very close, but I'll try to finish it for Halloween.

And a screenie of what I've worked on today: I do a bit of theatrical lighting at my college, so I'm shooting for a very vibrant, moody feel.

post-2515-131872415098_thumb.jpg

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Nice light style!

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Well, all ye good sirs, I've got my Halloween mission rescued, and I'm back to working on it. :) It'll be very close, but I'll try to finish it for Halloween.

And a screenie of what I've worked on today: I do a bit of theatrical lighting at my college, so I'm shooting for a very vibrant, moody feel.

post-2515-131872415098_thumb.jpg

Looking great, man! Looking forward to it.

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling