The Dark Mod Forums

Resolution Problem: not full screen

Ladro

Hello Taffers,

Today when I tried TDM, and the resolution was not full screen. I don't know why, i changed absolutely nothing.

This is the effect on my screen:

http://bayimg.com/nAkOOAADG

(the game start perfectly but not scale at full screen, i have alway the the little black border on left high, as you can see on the image)

I tried configuring a lot of settings in the doomconfig.cfg on the darkmod root, but without any success :-(

Any idea/suggestion to solve this?

My HW/SW configuration is on my sign.

What is your exact screen resolution?

Monitor brand and make will help also.

I tried 1280x720 and also other res up, same problem.

My monitor is an ASUS 16:9 24'' 1920x1080

I tried 1280x720 and also other res up, same problem.

My monitor is an ASUS 16:9 24'' 1920x1080

That's strange indeed. But give this a try...

Run 'nvidia-settings' and go to the settings for your monitor under GPU0 > DFP-0 (most likely)... it is just below 'PowerMizer' setting. You may want to try tinkering with the GPU Scaling Method settings.

Mine defaults to Force Full GPU Scaling (checked), and GPU Scaling Method = Stretched.

You may want to try 'Centered' or 'Aspect Ratio Scaled', to see how the screen will display then. My guess would be that yours somehow got set to 'Aspect Ratio Scaled'... but that's just a guess.

See this screenshot:

post-3285-131829455308_thumb.png

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

So you tried forcing either:

seta r_customHeight "1080"

seta r_customWidth "1920"

seta r_fullscreen "1"

seta r_mode "-1"

seta r_aspectratio "1"

or

seta r_customHeight "720"

seta r_customWidth "1280"

seta r_fullscreen "1"

seta r_mode "-1"

seta r_aspectratio "1"

...in DoomConfig.cfg ???

Edit:

(I fixed the last line in the configs above, sorry.)

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

So you tried forcing either:

seta r_customHeight "720"

seta r_customWidth "1280"

seta r_fullscreen "1"

seta r_mode "-1"

seta r_aspectratio = 1

...in DoomConfig.cfg ???

Tried few times, but nothing :-(

The thing that i cannot understand is *what* changed this situation. I've done nothing to change my graphics settings in doom3/darkmod (and also on my global desktop enviroment), so it's strange.

That's strange indeed. But give this a try...

Run 'nvidia-settings' and go to the settings for your monitor under GPU0 > DFP-0 (most likely)... it is just below 'PowerMizer' setting. You may want to try tinkering with the GPU Scaling Method settings.

Mine defaults to Force Full GPU Scaling (checked), and GPU Scaling Method = Stretched.

You may want to try 'Centered' or 'Aspect Ratio Scaled', to see how the screen will display then. My guess would be that yours somehow got set to 'Aspect Ratio Scaled'... but that's just a guess.

See this screenshot:

post-3285-131829455308_thumb.png

Mmmh pity, this specific settings in my NV card it's not present (maybe my 8600GT it's too basic, or i use different version of proprietary NV video drivers). But I think you have found some way to a solution: i think too that it's how my card now make the scaling at fullscreen. The strangeness is that i never changed this :-(

Here's my NV proprietary panel and GPU driver version:

post-3257-131838142185_thumb.png

Anyway thanks a lot to both of you for your suggestions, DarkMod community really rocks! :laugh:

Edited by Ladro

Tried few times, but nothing :-(

The thing that i cannot understand is *what* changed this situation. I've done nothing to change my graphics settings in doom3/darkmod (and also on my global desktop enviroment), so it's strange.

Mmmh pity, this specific settings in my NV card it's not present (maybe my 8600GT it's too basic, or i use different version of proprietary NV video drivers). But I think you have found some way to a solution: i think too that it's how my card now make the scaling at fullscreen. The strangeness is that i never changed this :-(

Here's my NV proprietary panel and GPU driver version:

post-3257-131838142185_thumb.png

Anyway thanks a lot to both of you for your suggestions, DarkMod community really rocks! :laugh:

Ah, ok. On yours, the setting would be for CRT-1. Maybe the scaling settings only work with flat panel screens.

Edited by PranQster

Ah, ok. On yours, the setting would be for CRT-1. Maybe the scaling settings only work with flat panel screens.

Mine it's a flat panel screen, not a crt :-)

(it's simple a LCD 24'')

Edited by Ladro

The control area is listing it as a CRT from ASUS in your screen-shot though... ;)

How about some screens of the sub-menus for some of those options in the tree on the left ? ^_^

(edit: BTW... did you see the fixed configs above... :blush: )

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

The control area is listing it as a CRT from ASUS in your screen-shot though... ;)

Ah ok :-D

I presume that the NVpanel sense a CRT because I use a classic VGA connection, i think the problem it's not there.

How about some screens of the sub-menus for some of those options in the tree on the left ? ^_^

(edit: BTW... did you see the fixed configs above... :blush: )

Nothing too with fixed "aspectratio" line :-(

Even more strange: if I run Doom3, all it's normal, the screen it's always full a well scaled with all the resolutions selected.

Edited by Ladro

Ah ok :-D

I presume that the NVpanel sense a CRT because I use a classic VGA connection, i think the problem it's not there.

Nothing too with fixed "aspectratio" line :-(

Even more strange: if I run Doom3, all it's normal, the screen it's always full a well scaled with all the resolutions selected.

Hmmm... have you compared your doom3 and TDM config files side by side to be sure all graphics options are set the same?

Also, have you tried disabling full-screen mode in TDM, restarting the game in a window, then re-enable full-screen and restart the game again?

Edited by PranQster

Ladro, one thing you can try it to look a the cvar values during running TDM. Open the console (usually the key left of the "1") and enter:

r_customHeight

etc. and see what their values are. Maybe they are different from what you put in DoomConfig.cfg?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Ladro, one thing you can try it to look a the cvar values during running TDM. Open the console (usually the key left of the "1") and enter:

r_customHeight

etc. and see what their values are. Maybe they are different from what you put in DoomConfig.cfg?

Tried, but nothing :-( :-( :-(

I really cannot understand.

The var display the right value "720" and mode 6 (1280x720). For me it'a mistery. May I'll try erasing al config file, and re-install doom and darkmod from scratch.

I would just try deleting the TDM doomconfig file first and the next time you start TDM up it should create a brand new one.

Tried also with a brand new (autogenerated) doomconfig.cfg , nada :-(

I'm going crazy. I really cannot understand why i have this problem.

I've uploaded the log (started the game by shell to log and then quit), and my brand new doomgonfig.cfg

http://bayfiles.com/file/17uv/PYfHeO/tdm_res_prob_4_ladro.7z

If anyone has some suggestion, I accept any idea :-)