The Dark Mod Forums

Forums upgraded to the latest (and greatest) IPB Board version!

modetwo

Yes, you are still viewing The Dark Mod Forums ;)

I've just finished the upgrade of our IPB Board Forums to the latest release. Packed with new features, rewritten code and all that. Have a look around. The skin is currently the default one, but will sooner or later be converted to a darker skin, to fit the Dark Mod universe.

Also note that the forums have been moved from http://modetwo.net/darkmod to it's own sub-domain: http://forums.thedarkmod.com - all forum links will still work tho, thanks to Apache's rewrite-plugin.

Please report any bugs, requests and comments in this thread.

PS: The forums will run a bit slow the first hours as the cache is being rebuilt.

~m2

The skin is currently the default one, but will sooner or later be converted to a darker skin, to fit the Dark Mod universe.

Oh thank god, the default skin is a bit too bright for poor eyes :-)

@Modetwo - ignore Shadowhids comments, he is our resident maskot, sorry Troll. Some people dont read like..

It now has the logo back... colors, etc. to come soon.

well,design its not only the colors...

also whats point of update if its actually loads longer ?

@Modetwo - ignore Shadowhids comments, he is our resident maskot, sorry Troll. Some people dont read like..

why people is always agresive when they read some feedback ?

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

I know a troll when I see one. ;)

Server load is down quite a bit, things seem to normalize. I guess we're all good by tomorrow morning.

~m2

From what I can see the new features look good.

Nice to hear the design is temporary.

I'll be happy when it's DARK again! :ph34r:

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Thanks for the update! :)

I experiencenced a big bug on login (changing the subdomain Firefox lost the connection to the old saved password): i was not able to recover my password because the captcha code it's not loaded correctly (it prints "bad referrer" or something like this). I think that if there is any other member of the community with the same problem, he cannot login and also cannot send messages to the admin (members e-mail are not visibile if you are not registred).

My chance was to have my password noted on a keyring, so after all i'm in now, but I lost 20 minutes trying to sign in :-) :D

Haha, I just found out a cool new feature - you can not only choose to hide a member's irritating signature, you can even choose to hide the posts created by that member all together. Sweet stuff!

post-1-0-41603300-1319583356_thumb.png

Great feature, i love this kind of filtering and killfile. Now the board it's a better place to read ;-D

Edited by Ladro

Haha, I just found out a cool new feature - you can not only choose to hide a member's irritating signature, you can even choose to hide the posts created by that member all together. Sweet stuff!

The old board already had the feature to completely ignore posts by certain individuals. Thank god. Too bad I still see their foolish ramblings from other people's quotes. I wonder if it was possible to make the ignoring apply to quotes quoting the blocked individual?

I run a simple bbpress forums for my pals and happened to spot something called a bozo-plugin,which allows moderators to mark certain users as a "bozo". Bozo users can post, but their content is only visible to themselves. That might work... I wonder if it could be applied here... :D

At any rate, a nice update. Everything seems to work. I'll await eagerly the more dark skin.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I experiencenced a big bug on login (changing the subdomain Firefox lost the connection to the old saved password): i was not able to recover my password because the captcha code it's not loaded correctly (it prints "bad referrer" or something like this). I think that if there is any other member of the community with the same problem, he cannot login and also cannot send messages to the admin (members e-mail are not visibile if you are not registred).

I've registered a couple of test accounts and I cannot reproduce this. The reCAPTCHA worked fine in both instances. Maybe you have a bad referrer setting in your Firefox browser, reCAPTCHA needs the referrer to figure out which website the client visits from.

~m2

I agree that the current skin is too bright. But anyway, the upgrade is long overdue. For example, I alsway had problems (in Opera9 to correctly format paragraphs. The old SW either made the spaces between the paragraphs either too big or too small. I'm glad to see that this is not an issue anymore.

See?

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.