The Dark Mod Forums

Forums upgraded to the latest (and greatest) IPB Board version!

modetwo

I have been enjoying the new forums, but I do want to register a complaint/bug. I have tried several times to post attached images. It used to work great before, but now it fails every time I try no matter how small the image is (below the 500k limit), if it is .jpg or .png, or if I use the regular batch method or the old single file method ("basic uploader").

I have continuously been using chromium-browser (chrome) and had no problems before the update.

To clarify, I can post linked images but cannot post attached images with the uploader.

I'll try now and take a screenshot of the error and link it here:

snap122.png

It was a 217K .png I tried to upload that time.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Here a few more problematic colours:

active_multiquote_button.png

The activated multiquote button is not readable.

attachment.png

Adding attachments produces a pretty unreadable info section (below the post entry field).

user_info_area_hover.png

The user info (when hovering over the username on the top left of this post) could use more contrast and still uses the default IPB blue.

personal_links.png

The personal links area on the top left looks weird.

Regarding attachments, not sure what's causing that error. It's not the server, as I'm able to create and manage attachments. Might be a bug or something in the forum software, I'll look around for any IP.Board reports on that.

@PranQster: What browser/version are you using?

~m2

Chromium 16.0.912.4 (Developer Build 106469 Linux)

I'll try with Opera 11.52 and see if I have the problem with it as well, I'm guessing not. It's quite possible that it's Chromium's fault and that it just happened to coincide with the forums upgrade.

Testing image attachment.

No difference with Opera 11.52... The file upload progress bar completes filling as it should. Then it hangs for about half a minute before giving the "Upload Skipped (Error IO)" message. Chromium is off the hook.

I think flash is to blame. Looks like Flash 9 is "required"... I am pretty sure my system has upgraded to Flash 11. But that doesn't explain the basic uploader not working. Will try the basic uploader one more time now.... No-go. It selected the file, but after pressing "Attach this file" it just gave a busy mouse cursor for about a minute... tried it twice with no luck.

I had no problems attaching an image to the ipboard community forum

Edited by PranQster

Here is one more unreadable thing (the name and the "view it anyway" link are unreadable as they are white-on-white):

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Shadowhide. View it anyway?

As for the uploader, I could successfully upload a picture with Firefox after the upgrde, but since a few days ago it simply skips any uploads and shows nothing (this is I believe the standard uploader, but I am not sure)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Regarding attachments, not sure what's causing that error.

In relation to this when you try to attached a file to a post that the forum dosent like/approve of you get an error message but the font size on the error text is too big it cant be reas because it is bigger than the textbox its in.I magaed to make a copy of the text and its size -

Internal Server Error

FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest

Thisproblemwherenospaceswilltype

and Enter goes to the top of the post

I now find is related to when I have Opera in 'Fit to Width' mode.

It never used to do that though until this upgrade.

@Fidcal: I think you can blame your browser for the "FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest" comments added to your posts as well, too bad you didn't get a response on your MyOpera post.

A Google search seems to show that only you have issues with this - w t f ? I suggest you do a reinstall of Opera and import settings/bookmarks/passwords etc to see if it helps.

~m2

Just to add about the attachment problem... It seems that I can upload very small .jpg files, less than 100K in size.

I haven't tested for an exact size but I know the images, both .jpg and .png, I have tried to upload all failed when around 150k or larger.

Last time I tried, .png files give the error that Bikerdude posted above.

Edit: But, as shown in my previous post, I could post a .png with no problem at the ip board forums, which have a smaller upload limit per post.

Edited by PranQster

instead of having to click 'specialBBcode' and then select the dropdown menu, then click on spoiler - could we have the ability to just select the text we want to hide then click a/the spoiler button.

And the spoiler function puts the hidden text at the bottom of the tother text you typed, it would better in-line.

:excl: I'm now very hungry for a hamburger with bacon, Swiss cheese, and egg, and I'm holding this forum responsible!
  • Like 1

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

:excl: I'm now very hungry for a hamburger with bacon, Swiss cheese, and egg, and I'm holding this forum responsible!

That was my final meal at my last cooking job a few years back. Ground striploin burger on a brioche bun with Irish Cheddar, smoked bacon, fried egg, romaine lettuce, confit portabello mushroom, red onion marmalade, house-made pickle and Roma tomato.

In order to steer this post back on topic..... hmmmmm..... yeah, I like the idea of a spoiler button too ;)

Edited by PranQster

modetwo, I don't know if you changed anything, but when I click into the Reply field, the buttons aren't displayed for me. I can post a text, as the button is outside the Reply windows, but that's all I get. I'm using the latest Opera version, and until a few days ago the forum worked like a charm. This is true for both skins, the standard one and the Dark Mod theme.

The "More Reply Options" button doesn't help either, it opens an empty window as well.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

EDIT: Also, I can't Post from the main page, I have to click the "More Reply Options" button.

CRAP! When trying to edit my post, I get

TypeError: Cannot convert 'ipb.textEditor.getEditor

('edit-'+postid)' to object

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Tools -> Advanced -> DragonFly

Script tab -> on the right hand side go to the 'search' tab -> tick ignore case, all files and injected.

Search for a few of the keywords - "slower" doesn't return any hits for me - if it does for you - click on the result and it will be displayed in the left hand panel, at the top of which is the filename.I have a feeling you have some extension, userjs or some malware has fiddled with browser.js (which results in it not being used by the browser - so workarounds fail).

Delete the relevant file.

If that still doesn't work, does the problem still happen if you have JavaScript disabled? Plugins disabled?