The Dark Mod Forums

Post processing glitching

kcn4000

Try disabling triple buffering... Also see if you can disable "threaded optimizations"... Lastly, make sure you are set as single display performance mode (if needed)

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I have tried turning off threaded optimizations and that didn't work. I will try seeing if I can disable triple buffering when I get back home.

Thanks for the quick reply

Well I tried all your advice nbohr1more, and no luck. It could be that some of nvidia's newer drivers could be causing problems. I am new to this mod so I don't really know.

Are there any other people using the nvidia gtx 400 line, and if the game is working for you what drivers are you guys using?

I am going to try some older drivers. If I have any luck I will keep you guys posted, as there could be some people who have my same problem.

I did a driver sweep and reinstalled the latest drivers, that did the trick. Thanks though nbohr1more

Edited by kcn4000

You might need to install a video driver from several releases ago. Both ati and nvidia have been fiddling with opengl 4.2 compliance and getting drivers ready for the game "rage"... All the current opengl drivers are a mess right now it seems...

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I have this issue too, also running SLi on my laptop. I get around it by running in windowed mode. But if you want to run it fullscreen start the mission. It will be flashing so bring down the console and type in: tdm_updateCookedMathData followed by a vid_restart. This will unfortunately reload the mission from scratch but no more flickering....until you reload from a save game in which case you will have to do those two console commands again.

• Like 2

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Okay so here is a crazy suggestion; instead of uninstalling and going back to older drivers just grab the nvidia opengl dll from an older release say 175.something and drop it into the doom3.exe folder. Doom 3 should use that one instead of the installed set.

• Like 1

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

• 9 months later...

I'm sorry to revive this old thread but I have the same problem. I'm running a nVidia Geforce 580 GTX SLI system and as soon as I enable SLI AND post processing via the dark mod graphics menu I get this annoying flickering issue but constant 60 fps. If I disable post processing the flicker will stop but the graphics are not as good as they are supposed to be. Without SLI I can enable post processing and can play the Dark Mod without flickering but somehow laggy fps. In some areas I have 60 fps while in other areas I have 30 fps and some lags. Is there any possibility to fix this issue permanently? Thank you! :)

I'm running a single GTX 480 and I don't have this issue and my single 480 can run any TDM mission at full fps all of the time. An educated guess I would say SLI is the route of all evil in this instance.. So, questions -

• What driver version are you using..?
  • and have you tried pulling one of the 580's and seeing what results you get..?

Somehow this is strange I know. I'm using the latest beta driver from nVidia and can run every game with almost full fps. I have even tried older driver versions but somehow Doom 3 / The Dark Mod always had some problems. Well, with only one card active I get no smooth fps and almost constant mouse lag. This happened even before I bought the second card... It's god damn awful. -.-

Well, with only one card active I get no smooth fps and almost constant mouse lag. This happened even before I bought the second card... It's god damn awful.

There is something screwing going on and it has to be fixable, as my GTX480 on the latest beta 304.79 runs buttery smooth on all TDM missions. Ok can you go download Aida64 and drop a download link with a full system report.

I do have Aida64 to monitor my temperatures, nice program. How do I get a full system report however? There are different benchmarks and tests, which one would be the required one?

Edit: It seems that Doom 3 in general has problems with HDR mods and SLI mode. This fucked up because I still don't know why a single graphics card provides so "low" fps for me...

Edited by Seuchensoldat

I just tried using Aidia64 and the bloody thing didnt like interacting with the intel RST driver and caused a BSOD. So I found a better app for generating a system report and ist called "HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - http://www.hwinfo.com ", download the correct one for your version of windows and then drop me a report in XML format (you'll see how when you click on the save report button in the app.

ok, had a very brief look and I wasn't able to see anything that stood out. So can you do the following -

1. delete your doomconfig.config file - this file has been known to corrupt for no apparent reason we know of.

2. download driver sweeper

3. uninstall nvidia physx, 3dvision, audio and 3D driver and reboot.

4. run driver sweeper to remove any last remaining driver remnants and reboot.

5. install the latest driver (or in your case the one your currently running) and reboot

6. don't change any of the settings in the nvidia control panel, leave all as default.

7. run tdm, reconfigure your settings (these will have been nuked when the config file was deleted etc) and then see if the issue you were having is gone.

Thank you, that helped a lot. Now TDM plays a lot smoother with a single graphics card, though missions like No Honour among Thieves Part 3 are still a little bit sloppy. With the commands provided in one of the above posts I am able to play TDM without flickering in SLI mode, I wonder if there is some permanent solution for the SLI flickering issue as those two commands can actually fix it..?

BTW: It's now a totally new experience for me! As I always had lags in TDM I thought that the Doom 3 engine wasn't such a good choice for the project but now? Woah, guys, you are blowing my mind!

• Like 1

hmm, I should have asked this before but what resolution and AA settings are you using? if your running a high resolution coupled AA anything more than 4X and TDM/D3 will slow down. My GTX480 runs at 1680*1050@4xAA and I can play all missions smoothly, with some of the bigger ones like NHAT dropping to 45fps.

And one last thing I forgot to mention, as your a mapper you may need to make a profile setting in the NV control panel for Darkradiant and in there turn "threaded optimisation" to off.