The Dark Mod Forums

FM: Crystal Grave (Kryształowy Grób)

ERH+

Hi!

My English is not very well, but I hope we will understand each other.

My map was not beta-tested, but I see ppl already play it and it work quite well. :)

I hope you will enjoy it, but I want to know what part of it should be changed or improved.

http://www.badongo.com/file/25974503

HERE YOU CAN FIND UPDATED MISSION:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/14510-fan-mission-crystal-grave-v2-by-erh-and-bikerdude-20130209/

Its a big building -with no fake windows - in open area, and that I can't change, but I see poor performance in few points (15 fps) and that stops me from add more details (trims, ivy). Game is freezing for sec when I cross some of visportals: first I was trying to make more visportal cells in outside area, but it doesn't improve performance (instead it cause system crash; some of portals was permanently closed).

Texture framed_with_bricks02 in staircases seems to let a head go through when you step very close -it don't make game crash, but all visportals suddenly get open and its obviously not look good.

There some minor problems with movable loot and rag-doll skeletons: loot occasionally sink when is placed exactly on some obstacle, and I see sometimes skeletons falls to ground in "crucified" pose -but when I touch them, they suddenly switch to proper pose as it was only hidden.

I don't hear swimming sound at all. I hear splash when I'm near shore, but in middle of lake there is only silence

In dmap log I have some warnings from "tree brush" or something -maybe tree shouldn't cross walls?

Thankfully Maruda offer to translate readables, and it take a while, but I will describe in few words mission storyline:

Guild of Inventors offer to make swamps more usable for big boats by raising water levels. It cause floods bigger as they expected, disease and hunger spread among folk. Guild pay to local duke in form of mountain crystal, and in fact they mined it on flooded areas. Your goal is to take a trip through artificial lakes and flood gates to one of mining outposts. On place you loose your boat so you must to take another way home -but first you need food rations, not spoiled water, and water level must be lowered to unhide dry way.

Edited by ERH+

S2wtMNl.gif

Congrats on the mission - it sounds like fun to play - original story, too!

As for the technical details and help, I am sure that our mappers will have a lot of advice for you and probably can even lend you a hand :)

And welcome to the forum!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Any mirror for this? I followed the link, but all I get is an *.exe file trying to download to my pc :(

(Not on my machine, In Europé, but it works excellent )

My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Onboard is:

CPU: Intel Socket 775

VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260

RAM: DDRIII 16Gb

HDD: 2 Tb

All service packs and latest drivers installed.

Can someone let me know when it will be available through TDM? The game won't recognize it the old fashioned way :(

(Not on my machine, In Europé, but it works excellent )

My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Onboard is:

CPU: Intel Socket 775

VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260

RAM: DDRIII 16Gb

HDD: 2 Tb

All service packs and latest drivers installed.

Do you have another mission installed?

I saw some odd behavior where a mission wasn't picked-up because I had another installed.

Try:

1) Uninstall the current mission

2) Exit TDM

3) Delete any folders created by the Crystal Grave FM package

4) Copy the package back to the darkmod\fms directory

5) Start TDM

6) If the mission still isn't present restart TDM

7) Look for the mission in the available mission listings rather than the pop-up notification

Edit:

Is the pk4 inside the zip or is the mission packed as a zip?

If the latter, it should work anyway.

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

A haunted fortress in a flood plain?! This is probably my ideal vision for an FM, heh.

Ruins + Flooding + Large area with multiple access points + Map + Suggestions of survival and disaster

Ticks my boxes. =P

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Ooh - always exciting to see some Bikerdude magic sprinkled over a map. =-3

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

i want an english version too ;-)

the mission looks nice but if u have no story or cant read anything its really strange btw which language is it? ;)

Now imagine how all the people (who are not good at English) feel when they see all the English-only missions for TDM :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

The funny thing is that I am pretty sure McPhisto2051 is not a native English speaker either...

Probably. Most here aren't. :)

Anyway, English is a good compromise, as it is a fairly easy language (e.g. you need only a small knowledge of a couple of hundred words and 26 letters to grabs most texts coarse meaning), and it is already spoken by a lot as first or second language. But just imagine TDM was Russian-only. That would hurt. (Even Polish would be .. impossible to play for almost anyone).

sure im no native english.speaker ^^

my wrong grammer or bad compositions of words should tell everyone ;-)

but as long as u can understand me and get the point of my view i think its fine :rolleyes:

if there are furthermore changes to have missions in other languages ill try my best to help (if i have some time left)

but this is only possible (for me) from english to german. in this mission i did not know anything ^^

i found 8 crystal pieces and get an objectice completed. i also found 3 cheeses and think i have to get 1 more but im not sure...

even the words for the cheese in the menu differs for the one in the objective (if it is 1 ^^ )

so im totally lost..

i opened all doors and chests, got enough loot but have an objective missing i dont understand and perhaps the cheesy one.

and btw why should i steal 4 pieces of old cheese?

greetz Mc

1. Find clear water (because area was polluted by flood).

2. Find hydraulic tool and open wide South-West flood gate, so dike should arise from water.

3. Find 8 fine pieces of mountain crystal.

4. Find 4 "iron" rations - mountain trip will be fatiguing.

5. Collect 2000 / 1000 gold pieces.

6. When you done all other, go to North-West flood gate.

There are some drowned arrows near your boat - flood gate open rapidly and you crashed. That's why you must take longer way through mountains.

Edited by ERH+

S2wtMNl.gif