The Dark Mod Forums

FM: Crystal Grave (Kryształowy Grób)

ERH+

You should see "Crystal Grave beta" (http://forums.thedar...tal-grave-beta/) thread in "Editing & Feedback" forum bookmark.

I get:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

Wanted to see if this mission needs to be run through the I18N.pl script.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

• 2 months later...

LOL Biker. You've got too many kettles on your stove.

The last I recall you were fixing some visual issues with portals then you were gonna look at light radii in trouble spots.

Unless you've made contact with ERH subsequent to your last post in the beta thread...

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I forgot about this one! I was waiting for it to get a translation. If it's stalled I might go and try playing it "blind" again. = )

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

The version ERH and myself have been working on is just in english, we were never able to get it to work correctly in polish and english.

Do you have a download link for me? Can't hurt to run it through the script and see why it doesn't load.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Having Bikerdude is like having an engineupgrade...

Heh, I wouldn't go that far. Its just a bit of mapping knowledge.

Do you have a download link for me? Can't hurt to run it through the script and see why it doesn't load.

I see you replied in the beta test forum..

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, I played your map a few days ago and I greatly enjoyed the atmosphere and detail - Great Job on that.

However I ran into a bug with one of the keys in the level. I can't pinpoint which one of the keys it was, but one them would sometimes when used on any kind of a lock break something in the game. There would be the sound that the key didn't fit and afterwards I found myself unable to open any door, crate or anything afterwards. Or use any item for that matter. I had to reload a former savegame as a work-around. Finally, with the mission almost completed, the error occured again, this time however reloading didn't fix it. I was basically stuck with a broken state and would have had to start all over, so I quit.

If you want to address this error for a future update and need any specifications to better identify it, don't hesitate to ask me about them.

Again, as far as I got into the mission, it was great fun and really creative.

Thanks for info. There was some problems with doubled brass key, but this is something new. "Unable to open any door, or operate objects" is known bug when used object is referring to missing files, like map or book without addressed picture or text. I will try to figure out what could be wrong with key.

S2wtMNl.gif

• 6 months later...

It's been a while since this came out and I don't know if anybody here remembers anything about it but.... I'm on the middle difficulty, and I've done all the objectives. All I have left is getting to the water gate to exit/leave, and I went there, but the game won't end.

Is there a specific spot I need to be at? Or does the gate somehow open?

For now, it's closed. There's a wheel I fixed by the other water gate but that didn't open either, so I'm guessing neither is supposed to. That's why I'm assuming there's a specific place/spot you need to be in.

Could someone enlighten me? I've stood as close to it as I can but the final objective (go to the water gate) won't check off and finish the mission. I have no clue as to what I'm doing wrong....

Otherwise, it's a big place and has lots of interesting things to do there. Scary but I liked it :)