The Dark Mod Forums

Fan mission: House of Theo

Theothesnopp

Oh - can i beg here for the steam automoton to be removed? The high pitched whistling noise it made drowned out everything else for quite an area around it.

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

The only mission I can think of with a steambot is Siege shop.... I'll take another look around for the exit, and yes it was a nice shade of light blue, laughing like the sky itself, up above and out of sight. I'd say it was special ;)

If you're still looking for things that need to be fixed for a follow up release, I can go through and take screenshots for you? A kind of post-release beta test, if you will.

Edited by Xarg

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

The only mission I can think of with a steambot is Siege shop.... I'll take another look around for the exit, and yes it was a nice shade of light blue, laughing like the sky itself, up above and out of sight. I'd say it was special ;)

As i suspected then :)

If you're still looking for things that need to be fixed for a follow up release, I can go through and take screenshots for you? A kind of post-release beta test, if you will.

That would be swell, doesnt have to be errors either, i would also like to know what you think should be improved, gameplay and atmosphere wise, i.e a room thats to cluttered etc.

Oh - can i beg here for the steam automoton to be removed? The high pitched whistling noise it made drowned out everything else for quite an area around it.

Surely that was ERH+'s Crystal Grave

mission , the one in the Polish language ? It appears at the beginning of the mission. I just shot some arrows at it and it shut up.

Edited by raymeld

Oh Lord I'm sorry!

I had multiple windows open and posted in the wrong thread!

It was the other recent mission that had a steam robot in.

My apologies.

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Finally finished this up. I say finally only because real life with the up coming holidays kept getting in the way. I really liked this mission for the most part.

I had a bit of frustration at the beginning because I wasn't sure where to go but soon got over it. A map would have helped somewhat but only because some of the hallways looked the same so got a little lost. Your map had a bigger feel to it then it actually was. Your sky was awesome. I managed to find all the loot so I like that.

I did find most of the torches seemed overly bright and for some reason I found footsteps very hard to hear except on the tile floor.

Anyways thanks again for all your hard work and look forward to more from you.

This is a really good first mission Theo. There's just two things I want to point out. Firstly for a castle of this size it felt very bare. More banners on the walls and a small table in the corner of rooms with a vase or a small statuette on them would have made a huge difference. Secondly the doors having no handles was odd. I know that putting handles on doors is dull and very much a chore, but little touches like that make a difference. On the whole this was a solid mission. well done!

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

This is a really good first mission Theo. There's just two things I want to point out. Firstly for a castle of this size it felt very bare. More banners on the walls and a small table in the corner of rooms with a vase or a small statuette on them would have made a huge difference. Secondly the doors having no handles was odd. I know that putting handles on doors is dull and very much a chore, but little touches like that make a difference. On the whole this was a solid mission. well done!

I'll keep this in mind when i get to work, thanks for the feedback :)

"Always the same, loud background music is a bit annoying."

To an extent, I agree. However I stand by what I said earlier about the music fitting perfect with the setting. If I were put in charge of perfecting this mission, I would:

*Dim the torches inside

*Change the indoor ambient tracks to something quieter, mysterious and varied

*absolutely keep the piano music for outdoor areas

*Add a bit of geometric detail here and there inside the place

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

I dunno, I actually kinda like the monotony of the 1 music track, I find after a while it starts to dull my senses a little, making it easier for me to slip up and be spotted.... it's like a soft psychological trick to increase difficulty, instead of a coded and probably artificial increase like more aware guards or more overlapping patrols.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

I dunno, I actually kinda like the monotony of the 1 music track, I find after a while it starts to dull my senses a little, making it easier for me to slip up and be spotted.... it's like a soft psychological trick to increase difficulty, instead of a coded and probably artificial increase like more aware guards or more overlapping patrols.

That's kind of interesting, allthough i have been thinking about changing the indoor music to something less "complex", like a looping bass sound or something.

Aww :sad: thats sad.

But you don't have that much to do, you don't need THAT much of a wave of motivation, believe me :)

You're gonna take this piece of gold and make some kind of jewel out of it, I'm sure B)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Hi, I just began playing TDM a few days ago, when I firstly heard of this mod on moddb.com. So after finishing the training mission and the missions mentioned for beginners, I decided to play this mission. Unfortunately I'm facing some issues right now:

Where is the King's Gold? I guess it's on the third floor, but i dont have the key to open the two doors. Where do I get the key to open the doors? And what's behind the first door you face after you go to the first floor by elevator, near the armory? I also can't open it, because of not having a key for it. Help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Edited by Fabes