The Dark Mod Forums

Fan mission: House of Theo

Theothesnopp

The Font I used is "Harrington" (in GIMP). I airbrushed the flames on top of it (then I "Posterized" the area to match the look).

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

This is pretty neat. Haven't completed it yet, but...

I really like the atmosphere... the feeling of some place cold, far up in the mountains with the piano music in the background (which I've never heard anyone else use yet). The sunset skybox was great and although the architecture was a bit plain in some areas, this is a GREAT first mission.

Other things I like are the use of vertical movement. I can climb out one window and drop to a lower ledge to escape from guards. There are patrol routes that make sense, i.e. the archers looking out over the castle-sides and the tougher guards patrolling hallways inside.

Also, it is nice to see some new mappers. Thanks!

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

btw, what does lavishness mean?

He used the wrong word. He means it would be a shame if you didn't do a version 2, I think.

Lavish means incredibly rich - or to add ornamentation or detail to something. I think what he meant was it would be decadent or a waste of the work you've already done not to improve it somehow?

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Tels , thanks for the mirror link , will download later tomorrow. Looks good.

thoose are indeed better.

Thanks.

Which of the two do you prefer?

I will update the Mission Preview screens at the TDM site with one of them.

Or, if it still needs tweaking, let me know. B)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Thanks.

Which of the two do you prefer?

I will update the Mission Preview screens at the TDM site with one of them.

Or, if it still needs tweaking, let me know. B)

I think yours would be more fitting for this mission, i'll save that font for a future haunted house mission im playing with :)

could you perhaps darken the text a bit more, i still find it a bit to bright.

otherwise great stuff! :laugh:

Great MOD

At the first attempt I got so confused about where I had or hadn't been I started again and completed it. :blush:

One question - has the sentry alert trigger been lowered (or should that be raised) as I found that they seemed to be much more sensitive to movement

Great MOD

At the first attempt I got so confused about where I had or hadn't been I started again and completed it. :blush:

One question - has the sentry alert trigger been lowered (or should that be raised) as I found that they seemed to be much more sensitive to movement

I don't even know what that is, so i think the answers is no.

I'm glad you liked my mission :)

In spite of the earlier clue given to Bikerdude

I'm unable to find who's leaking the information. I'm in the room with the two gamblers ( one a general?). There is a writing table in the room with lots of drawers. What am i looking for a secret door in the wall or something?

Can someone put me out of my misery by telling me exactly how to find this objective please before I die of frustration !

In spite of the earlier clue given to Bikerdude

I'm unable to find who's leaking the information. I'm in the room with the two gamblers ( one a general?). There is a writing table in the room with lots of drawers. What am i looking for a secret door in the wall or something?

Can someone put me out of my misery by telling me exactly how to find this objective please before I die of frustration !

your in the right room, on the writing table there is a switch, it opens a hidden part of the desk.

Ah ah ! Thanks Theo , I did wonder about that but couldn't find anything . I'll have another go when I've time. Great mission btw.

I thought this was a pretty good mission. Your castle layout gave it a spacious feeling without being mundane. As someone as already noted, it was sparse in a couple of areas. Some of the corridors in the higher areas seemed unnaturally harsh and bright from a single torch, but it could have been the color/texture of the adjacent stone walls. I only played on Easy because I don't care for knock-out restrictions. I hope I didn't miss too much from the other two playing levels. I thought I had scoured pretty good, but I missed A LOT of loot. Overall, it was fun to play and explore a great castle. I thought the use of the climbable step-ladder was rather clever. I don't believe I've noticed that before in a TDM FM. Thank you, please make more...soon...please...don't make me beg!

This level was amazing. I don't think I've had an experience like this since Heart of Lone Salvation came out, and I think this tops it. Good lighting, good patrols, nice texturing, the only issues I had were

Doors had no handles

Some of the lights (2 or 3, 4 max) went through walls

Can't find the exit zone.

Music was very loud, made footsteps hard to hear and lockpicking more difficult. Good tense music though.

After not being able to find the exit, I took a look around with noclip, and I had a good lol to myself. Overall, VERY impressive!

Are the doorhandles missing for anyone else? Played on 1.06, could anyone else find the exit? No download cap for 1.07 yet :(

Edited by Xarg

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

An excellent first mission on one of my favorite themes , castles , I shall be looking out for your next one. Thank you.

This level was amazing. I don't think I've had an experience like this since Heart of Lone Salvation came out, and I think this tops it. Good lighting, good patrols, nice texturing, the only issues I had were

Doors had no handles

Some of the lights (2 or 3, 4 max) went through walls

Can't find the exit zone.

Music was very loud, made footsteps hard to hear and lockpicking more difficult. Good tense music though.

After not being able to find the exit, I took a look around with noclip, and I had a good lol to myself. Overall, VERY impressive!

Are the doorhandles missing for anyone else? Played on 1.06, could anyone else find the exit? No download cap for 1.07 yet :(

Out of curiousity, was it something special you "lol"ed at, or was it about the exit zone? ;)

door handles are not yet added, will update this mission at some time, will add handles then.

Im glad you liked my FM

edit:

The exit is by the window you climb up at start.