The Dark Mod Forums

Redface Application Thread.

Redface

No, the artworks are from Alexius, I just did the coding. He did the original site using some strange online wysiwyg interface and when moving to imperium.webz.cz I had to make an exact copy, as there was no FTP access to his site. So what you see now is a 2 years old site, heavy with many tables and quite user unfriendly IMO. I want to create a new site, using some of mine and Alexius´ art, which will be more user friendly, faster and better looking.

Hi Redface,

We don't have much need for concept artists, but we could really use texture artists. Can you give us some examples of any textures you've created?

I edited a few existing textures to my needs but there´s nothing really to show off. I don´t see a problem in turning an existing photo into a tileable texture though. I´ve got some skills in Paintshop and Photoshop.

Oh and I don´t want to apply for a concept artist position only. 2d artist would be more appropriate.

Edited by Redface

Sure, playing with filters, adding noise, new layers, editing contrast/brightness, painting over... no problems.

It would be really the best if you gave me some tasks, like turning a photo to texture or making a concept for something (you certainly don´t have concepts for everything, do you ?? <_< ).

I've got tons of textures that could use an artists touch to bring more life to em, and you could do the bit of concept artwork for us to base for future textures and architectural styles on.

But the question is will you be happy as a texturer? It's what we need the most right now, and every extra bit of help helps.

I´m not sure if I would be happy working on textures only, but if it´s (or will be) more than that, sure. I have to learn it sometimes anyways, it´s a part of 2d artists job (btw I´m aiming for Illusion Softworks or Cauldron :D, and they´ve got some tough conditions).

Well you'll be working on textures mostly..for now at least. Once we get more fulltime texturers in here we'll probably switch you to something you might enjoy more, but for now consider it good practice.

Oh, and I now dub thee CONTRIBUTER! I'll get you set up with something to do here in a few. ;)