The Dark Mod Forums

Announcing: The Crucible of Omens, a campaign for The Dark Mod

Melan

How great it is to see such talented FMAs joining forces to creat something epic. A really good campaign is just what TDM needs. I was wondering why Melan has been somewhat quiet recently. Glad to see his talents are been put to excellent use.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

*dukenukemvoice* Hell, it's about time.

Epic reveal for epic official compaign. Yeehawww!!!!

Just so we are clear the officialness of the campaign is still being discussed within the team. However whether or not it is official will not effect it's quality.

regardless of official classification, I think to many minds, this will end up being "The" Dark Mod Campaign. No harm in that, methinks.

edit: This also explains the black hole that has enveloped several WIP missions that people have been waiting on, including yours, jdude :D

Edited by ungoliant

Uuh mama!

These are excellent news!

I will immediately start mapping the next Thomas Porter mission. My aim is to keep people entertained while the campaign mapping eats the majority of our top mappers' time. Consider it also as a big thank you for the people seeing the trouble of making a TDM campaign true.

If you see anything in my existing maps that might fit or help the campaign process, please feel free to grab what you need. I might mash up some general use prefabs as well.

• Like 1

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

regardless of official classification, I think to many minds, this will end up being "The" Dark Mod Campaign. No harm in that, methinks.

edit: This also explains the black hole that has enveloped several WIP missions that people have been waiting on, including yours, jdude :D

:D It's been far to long haha.

@ Sotha:

That sounds great! We will keep an eye on you and your work, if you have anything specific you want us to look at be sure to PM us :)

Very cool. I don't really want to touch anything else until I release at least one of my missions but I could do some testing when you need it.

Edit: And I don't mean beta testing. If you want some early feedback on the maps, in whatever state they are I would do that.

Yes, Melan just posted it on my behalf (I was too sick to sit at the PC). I sent a PM to INtense and Henley (Moddb admins) to request that the article be authorized early. If not, usually it would happen around Midnight EST so we'd get at least 1 day (hopefully).

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

*Sheds manly tears*

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling