The Dark Mod Forums

[ModDB Editors Choice award] Community Award !

lowenz

http://www.moddb.com...-editors-choice

Best community integration in a modification

Without communities mods would be nothing more then a static object on the web, communities are responsible for keeping mods relevant, motivating the developers and expanding on the mod in their own way. To win the Community Award the mod needs to support the fanbase around the modification giving the masses a chance to participate within the overall design of the mod.
is the most deserving this year.

Building a community is quite a difficult and drawn out process, it first takes a good product to bring in people, then a reason for those people to stick around.
has an amazing collection of user created levels and theme packs built for competitions held by the developers. A shining example of how communities are important for all mods!

Well deserved!
:laugh: Edited by lowenz
  • Like 1

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Coolness! :D

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Have the winners been announced yet? Or just sub category winners... I would like to see the final top 100 placings.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Indeed, well done TDM! Hopefully you guys score in the top 2 (since I would rather not choose between my 2 favourite mods, either winning and the other scoring second is perfectly fine with me) :)

The top 100 were already announced. The winners for the public choice have yet to be announced AFAIK.

Congrats to The Dark Mod community!

Your fan missions are the fuel that keeps this engine running!

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

What I meant was who won first-fifth place etc... lot of good looking competitors in the top 100.

Hurrah! Hopefully we'll get a traffic boost for that!

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

:excl: This. is. awesome.

What's even better is that it's *us* that made this, our little community, not just tech wizardry (though we have that too). Shows that Darkmod has heart and generates loyalty.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Yes, it will likely generate some interest for sure. :) That interest may carry some misconceptions for newcomers. I found the description of the Mod in this award kind of gave the impression that the core mod development was heavily influenced by external suggestions...rather than a development plan. I forsee many new posts with 'feature' suggestions.

I just highlighted this point at Moddb but I will echo it here. One of the biggest contributors to the magic of the best mods (like TDM) is their coding. Year by year awards are lavished on artists, mappers, modelers, etc ... yet the real wizards are laboring thanklessly to bring forth the impossible.

There should be an award for coding excellence at Moddb.

(Though I suppose end-users would be baffled by the winners in most cases.)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I just highlighted this point at Moddb but I will echo it here. One of the biggest contributors to the magic of the best mods (like TDM) is their coding. Year by year awards are lavished on artists, mappers, modelers, etc ... yet the real wizards are laboring thanklessly to bring forth the impossible.

There should be an award for coding excellence at Moddb.

(Though I suppose end-users would be baffled by the winners in most cases.)

True, probably the most under appreciated and hardest working group. (At least in modding, they get paid more by the industry)

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest