The Dark Mod Forums

Art for the Darkmod campaign

Dominus

Hi taffers,

My spare time is pretty limited yet think I can help with background illustrations, concepts and stuff like that. Sorry, I'm not very good nor have the time for textures or interface design. Here are some of my Thief related artworks:

6526688405_5e1e9391ab_b.jpg

5285700506_03e4d1cb24_b.jpg

5009765844_8bb4fcd1f8_b.jpg

5009770108_71070d11da_b.jpg

5009158889_6606c3b1c7_b.jpg

• Like 3

Ooh, wow, its you. We were admiring your work in some other thread just a while ago. Beautiful stuff!

Welcome aboard!

The style you have would certainly fit into the painting models the mod has. New skins for the paintings I mean. I think more variety wouldn't hurt..

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Very beautiful work! I'd love to see some of your skylines used as skyboxes in missions.

Welcome, Dominus! We would be very happy to have you on board - I think your art is wonderful, and very fitting. We should discuss how much you would like to get involved - we don't want to overwhelm you. :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Great stuff, very atmospheric.

They would be excellent for CD cases, etc... Possibly for mission briefings (though sepia tones are great for that). They very much match the box art of the originals. However as far as 'concept art' I'd find the scenes hard to work from, as detailed as they are there's not enough 'surface detail'.

The Thief himself though is perfect for concept art. Close ups of just a subject like that would be awesome to work from.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

@ Dominous, few questions..

• In the second pic, how did you get that brickwork to look so realistic? if its a texture Im sure Melan could make use of it for the campaign.
  • and could you do a hi-res dual screen (3360*1050) version of the first two images - I would like to have them on my desktop wallpaper rotation :-)

Oh Lord yes! <3 <3 <3

I'm so happy to see some lovely 2D art like this!

Welcome!

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

*Warming up jealousy emitters*

The "planning" pic is my favourite by far - ones like that tell a story more than even the most elaborate cityscape I feel <3

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Great art! Very inspirational.

If you want something to do you could make a zombie concept for me as we need to replace the existing ones with our own. It would need to be somewhat similar in proportions, naked and somewhat decomposed. If you do make one I'll need at least an orthographic front-view and preferably a side-view as well.

The "planning" pic is my favourite by far - ones like that tell a story more than even the most elaborate cityscape I feel <3

That's my favorite as well. When I were making the plague doctor mask I considered making a similar hat but wasn't sure if it'd look good. If there's interest I can try to make one after the zombie.