The Dark Mod Forums

VTM : Bloodlines

Shadowhide

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, this is a spoiler, and you already lost the opportunity if you didn't do it now. If you're one of the persons who doesn't replay games you don't lose much reading it, if you do; you might want to skip it; it's about free dot increases, and the most obscure one (and a easy one).

It's hard to miss nines can give you a dot increase; specifically, 1-3 brawl. What's easy to miss is he can give you a 1-5 melee (if you invest in melee, waiting till 4 is a good investment. It's easy to miss because you must talk to him again before undertaking the grout mansion mission, and also because he says he has no time: he's not kidding; if you don't take the most optimal path in the conversation; he will cut it short and the opportunity is lost

Also a tantalizing spoiler (not fully spoiled):

there is a way to deal with the werewolf

Edited by i30817

It's a puzzle. There are very few interacting pieces of scenery on that place. In fact there are two, so it's like a needle in a haystack.

Progressively more spoiler:

On a place outside

the shed

You need to light up the power

then go to look for something that uses power inside the building

and lure the werewolf

Then watch carefully how it's moving and see if you can do something.

it's the observatory and the werewolf needs to be entering it from outside

It's a original game thing.

I've been having fun despite playing this game 10 times over the years. Found new dialogs for if you neglect Jack in the last round (he's pissed), recalled the Janette malk dialogs ("You've got it bad little girl"), set out some challenges (i know what's the reward of the clan quest mod malkavian quest so i've been leaving off quests until as late as possible) and found that song of serenity of CE allows you to not kill lots of people you had to kill before - it even allowed me to not kill anyone in grout's mansion though not ghost unfortunately (it's still no Deus Ex or Temple of Elemental Evil; where you can not kill anyone - though you need to depend on reload on ToEE because you can't run away from encounters in those tiny random encounter maps).

Also did you know? Spoiler for a shortcut of a iconic; but stressful part:

You can bypass most of Ocean House by simply jumping over the trap(s) in the staircase.

If there was justice in the world Troika would be swimming in money instead of dissolved. Ditto for Looking Glass.

Edited by i30817

Did you have the true camarilla ending yet?

Or the Kuei-Jin one?

The anarchs?

They're slightly different (only on the ending cutscene and skipping either the prince or ming though).

There's always a bomb there, but sometimes it doesn't go off.

The game was neutered by the metaplot as usual in vampire the masquerade.

The "final nights" were really final btw: the plot of the game is washed away in inconsequentially if you try to fit it in with the metaplot; since the vampire "world" (and in some "given" p&p plots; the "real" world) ended about a week after the end of the game.

and also because the cabdriver can't be you-know-who; though it can still be a antediluvian or 4th generation

Speaking of the game itself; there are some powergaming fantasies transposed to the game's plot (but not the VT:M metaplot) that appeal to me.

Don't you think there's something suspiciously fast about the pc dot progression? Think back to the speech from Andrei in the Hollowbrook Hotel.

And how come he can resist the prince dominate at the end and not at the beginning? (dominate is limited by generation...)

but this makes not much sense either (the same for the game plot) there is no great sense in the actions of the cab-driver - what's the motive? To topple down a puppet moronic prince? Just messing with the city/factions for the lulz? Experimenting with a new childe?

Did you find the clan quest mod alternate solution to the fu syndicate? Quest needs some polishing work i think but very nice to avoid that obvious trap.

Did you listen to the waitress at the red dragon as a malkavian for her second conversation on the telephone? It's pretty funny if you've already played once.

Edited by i30817

and also because the cabdriver can't be you-know-who; though it can still be a antediluvian or 4th generation

why ? seems like cabdriver is Caine himself.His sounds files lying in "caine" folder

Did you find the clan quest mod alternate solution to the fu syndicate?

no,mod gives no clues about alternative solutions

Did you listen to the waitress at the red dragon as a malkavian for her second conversation on the telephone?

no,missed it

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

A novel (the last one in fact; "Gehenna" that ends just before the pnp "event") contradicts it.

Besides it works just as well with Lasombra or another shady dude.

The fu syndicate alternative quest needs (complete spoiler):

a high persuade; to look at the panphelts in the dumpster and to use the phone

If you want to read about the pnp metaplot (in contrast with the game plot)

the white wolf wiki is a good place:

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Anarch (quite different actors no?)

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Gehenna_%28event%29

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Gehenna_%28book%29

Edited by i30817

You've already played Malkavian, presumably with obfuscate; so you will have likely have seen the hidden conversation (combat maps sometimes have conversation between the guards as long as you don't reload after having saved the game; examples: the society of leopold, the warehouse).

Also; high inspection malkavians hear voices :) :) :)

So i'd suggest the tremere, they have their own haven, and the clan quest/reward is nice. Do the "true camarilla" ending for maximum consistency.

From now on, you've already seen most of what the game offers; only minor changes is conversation stuff (intimidate vs persuasion vs dominate vs dementation vs seduction), unusual stuff (like sending Patty to Pisha, or blackmailing with high intimidation) and seeing unusual dialogs by exploring as the game goes along (ex: Jack has new dialog on each stage of the main quest; the red dragon waitress has a new dialog if you go up the elevator again after "escaping" the tong in the warehouse - btw, this mission gives you a reward if you manage to keep the dude alive; though this makes it the hardest fight in the game).

The dialog options also change with low humanity. Notably talking to Andrei with low humanity is interesting.

Did you know some missions give more experience by not killing unnecessarily (stealth)? The Dane, the malkavian clan quest etc.

Optimizing your build is also great fun: investing in scholarship; knowing where are the free dots opportunities; and what their max is; using the "CE college" to avoid wasting exp on the middle row.

Unhealthy obsession with this game; but it's the last true WRPG except some stuff from central europe (Gothic mostly). I just wish the game was moddable like BG and less linear (such as choosing the faction by midway, instead of just at the end - also depending on who you pissed off - perhaps; and having that choice color the rest of the quests).

BTW, the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sXfywgjK6k shows npcs/objects with higher quality. It's amusing to see the degradation that rush caused in the game.

Edited by i30817

So i'd suggest the tremere, they have their own haven, and the clan quest/reward is nice. Do the "true camarilla" ending for maximum consistency.

started as tremere

they have cool magic

now,i'm updating social attributes mostly,and i surprised - how much money and stuff i could get with new dialog options

btw,where is new haven ?

As for trailer : yeah,i see cut stuff such as levels and projected textures

also Jannete boobs were smaller

Proceed with caution!

I think jeanette is taking the place of VV there. The Tremere haven is in the Tremere chantry and you have to suck up/not annoy Strauss. Specifically, not betray that the gargoyle was created by him to Issac, solve the plaguebearer quest for him (or revealing you are looking into it for the anarchs too) and kill the gargoyle for him (as well as not making fun of him)

Playing with social attributes is the best. Specifically, in CE; persuasion is overpowered because scholarship, that is a requirement for the books and the college, also increases it

The actual lore/timeline of the WoD is a incredible clusterfuck as befits something trying to incorporate all of the myths of humanity for all of the gamelines (Vampire; Mage; Wraith; Demon; Changeling; Hunter; Mummy etc).

Just look at this sequence (prophetic, not on detail):

http://whitewolf.wik...Fire_commentary

Lots of factions you don't even meet in the game.

Edited by i30817

4 persuation, be nice to both of them, but don't betray either. This means not giving the locket to Jeanette, since it was Therese that asked for it, seducing Jeanette, supporting Jeannete in front of Therese, but not insulting her - in fact, sucking up (the "Baron of Santa Monica lines), is better.

the tourette.dlg file has the exact condictionals.

the 1st:

{ 56 }{ Why are you both fighting? }{ Why are you both fighting? }{ 61 }{ Persuasion 4 & (G.Therese_Seduce >= 4 and G.Jeanette_Seduce >= 4) }{ G.Tourette_Side = G.Tourette_Side + 1 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ From where this hateful quarrel? }

you must hadn't had enough appearence to seduce jeanette (though those vars don't exactly mean "seduce" as in game mechanics; because they are increased by doing what they want too, and you can't use seduce lines on Therese anyway).

Edited by i30817

You can refuse to steal the money box (but she will inform you the money goes to a kindred - eg; her sister). It's the only way to avoid the humanity hit there if you DO steal it, BUT, i've managed to do that and still let Tourette "win". Maybe that's because i had enough sedution to seduce Jeanette "all the way".

The club thing is kinda of a easter egg/cheat. It happens in all clubs once.

Only thing i "actually" (besides the bugs/missed opportunities/glitches) dislike about the game is the music in the clubs, always hated that kind of music.

The bloodlines hollywood theme is one of my favorite ambient musics though.

Edited by i30817

The club thing is kinda of a easter egg/cheat. It happens in all clubs once.

I think is not easter egg nor cheat.When vampire behaves human alike,he gains humanity.That is adequate

Only thing i "actually" (besides the bugs/missed opportunities/glitches) dislike about the game is the music in the clubs, always hated that kind of music.

well...I'm not the fan of such music too,but it simply fits in the atmosphere of the game.Thanks god they didn't add some fuckness like "skrillex" or another electronical/dance shit to the game

Proceed with caution!

It's neat to happen once, but once in every club is repetitive, thus, by the rule of "i-dont-like-boring-things-in-my-games" i class it as a cheat - i don't mind cheats though.

Besides currently you can lose humanity to the low 3, do the "evil" quests (of which are very few exclusive, most added by the clan quest mod), and go right back up to cruising on 7 humanity or so with the clubs. Someday i will make a 0 humanity playthrough.

Did you break the masquerade all the way?

:) :) ;)

(it's kinda bullshit, by midgame i could take those two fags - would be a nice mod to make it a boss fight and ending the game with a "running away from the city, masquerade completly broken" ending. I like "Unmasked World" settings and cliffhangers)

Ambushing civilians for blood (especially with camarilla edition, ventrue and the "blunt fangs" history - which you need to edit a config file to be able to use as a non-nosferatu) is a nice minigame in itself. It kinda uses the same skills as thief, to make sure the paths of the npcs will not intersect in the next n seconds and you can suck on them.

Edited by i30817