The Dark Mod Forums

VTM : Bloodlines

Shadowhide

Someday i will make a 0 humanity playthrough.

its possible to play with 0 humanity ? i mean you won't be in never ending frenzy ?

Did you break the masquerade all the way?

no,i break masquerade 2 times in my first ever playtrough

0 times in second one

it's kinda bullshit, by midgame i could take those two fags

which ones ? :)

by the way,playing as nosferatu is real fun

Proceed with caution!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you wont. Only if you're hit and low blood (it's more dangerous in CE, because low blood damages you). And freenzy is actually pretty dang powerful, if you have high brawl/defense/physical stats try it. On CE the highest animalism power is "Free the inner beast" that does what you'd expect, but with the other disciplines active and controlable.

what happens when you lose masquerade:

1: the prince warns you

2: hunters start being spawnned

3-4: hunters get more bold, you'll probably need to fight in the streets, prince gets progressively more pissed off; dunno if any other effect (there might)

5: cutscene where you are decapitated by the sheriff (IIRC)

If you're doing nosferatu, talk to the hostess at the diner ;)

Be prepared to run away though.

Edited by i30817

I started up a new game last week and picked a Tremere woman just because she was the coolest looking one IMO. I haven't noticed too much difference yet ... a few little things in conversations. The ladies still flirt with me. ^_^

It's a bigger difference being Tremere than female. But I haven't got too far in yet.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

There are some things that are different as a female

In Hollywood at the graveyard, as a male your options are to 1> guard the graveyard while the guy goes and gets a hooker, 2> get him a hooker.

If you're female, you can have sex with him yourself.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Couldn't tell you, I haven't played Nosferatu (I'm going to assume the answer is no, however.)

Some of the ladies don't like flirts (try it on the giovanni map - that was great, one more than the other though) with a female. There are also one or two guys around.

Props to Chris Avellone, but i always chose her. I think she'd do well as a vampire and her secret will kill her - or would before retrovirals - the others secrets, i think only the one of Avellone's "son" can get him killed. Actually what am i saying, they'd probably all die, and the souls forged into household objects. Giovanni can go fuck themselves (and actually, they'd probably all dead in cutscene even if you "infiltrate" - how to move a 3 ton sarcophagus from the "basement" without being noticed. ??? How did it even get in ???. Tiny logical flaws).

I like that sometimes the "persuade", "intimidation" or "seduction" doesn't work even if you are maxed out.

For instance, if you try to "persuade" the prince at some point there is a dialog option that is just too much butter-ing and he tells you to stop laying it on so thick. Same deal with those dialogs on the giovanni mansion.

Nosferatu - it's a no-no (except by bugs i guess). Nosfearatu shouldn't be able to raise their appearance higher than 0 so it must be a bug if you get seduction dialogs (although seduction is actually a combination of appearence and subterfuge so maybe there are some overlooked dialogs).

In p&p nosferatu can mostly get by since one of the obfuscaste uses is illusions.

Therese will kill Bertram automatically when you start the Clan quest malkavian. It's a bit shoddy to be honest (reused dialogs, cutscene flaws, taking away player "immediacy" by being cineamatic while the pc is not there which doesn't happen anywhere else IIRC except the very last part of the ending). The quest itself is fine (and the reward is the most powerful one you can get,

though it doesn't have much of a difference if you haven't left quests not done - don't do this for Lilly & the other "unicorn blood" quest though, the thin bloods will leave after hollywood is acessed, and you can only get the malkavian clan quest then

), though having no opportunity to save my buddy Bertram sucks.

Edited by i30817

Nosferatu - it's a no-no (except by bugs i guess). Nosfearatu shouldn't be able to raise their appearance higher than 0 so it must be a bug if you get seduction dialogs.

no,everything is with nosferatu,i'm not getting seduction lines

by the way,i noticed that you can flirt with man while playing as male with high appearance feat :) thats kinda gay but still cool

Proceed with caution!

I played a Toreador male with high seduction and appearance etc, managed to feed off the rich guy waiting for the tow truck at the very start, he didn't seem to mind at all

I think CE (or clan quest, can't recall) adds seduction targets in every hub map (and some bars, ie: the anarch's). I should have said: only one Bi from the original game.

I always feel bad for the girl at "Bishop's Vic" place. I hope she got out ok, but the fade to black & locked door doesn't really indicate yes or no.

Edited by i30817

Go to your haven. There a phone there.

I had a bug with that too (2 actually).

First bug, caused by the second: i couldn't find the phone (thought the ingame computer mouse was a phone), so returned to the chinatown pay phone (after changing maps from the LA map) and got the "normal" sequence, buggy cutscene and all.

Second bug: the phone is on the lower floor of your haven (at least the LA hotel one) on top of the counter opposite the "kitchen area".

But the icon doesn't appear, the offset if fucked - i had to stand on the counter and look to the horizon (not down, to the phone) to get the icon.

Trippy.

So i think you can either leave the chinatown map and return to the public phone to get gary's call, or go try in your haven again.

Edited by i30817

It's true. Talk to andrei with low humanity on the first time you meet him in the snuff film house.

The tremere dominate options are limited to dominate 1 or 2 (can't recall). But even if you play Ventrue, there are very few uses of dominate anyway.

Edited by i30817

Answer the ending question.

There are 5 endings in the game.

Side with prince lacroix, side with the camrilla, side with the anarchs, side with ming xao and then there is independent.

Anyway I loved the game too and wanted to post this here for anybody interested.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-revival

http://forum.bloodlinesresurgence.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12

Basically a team trying to convert bloodlines to half life 2's source engine because the original vtm was on a beta source engine and modders really can't do anything with it. If this succeeds than this would give a whole lot of freedom in modding vtm bloodlines(new quests, places, etc).

Actually, i just checked, and he has no humanity checks:

{ 81 }{ It is not for me - it's for the will of the Sabbat[suh-BAHT]! The Camarilla [cam-err-ILL-uh]is stunted; dead and festering in the womb, good only as pawns of the fathers. Even now, they answer the call of the Ancient and seek to free him from his torpor. }{ It is not for me - it's for the will of the Sabbat[suh-BAHT]! The Camarilla [cam-err-ILL-uh]is stunted; dead and festering in the womb, good only as pawns of the fathers. Even now, they answer the call of the Ancient and seek to free him from his torpor. }{ # }{ }{ G.Andrei_Sabbat = 1 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }

{ 82 }{ The Ancient? }{ The Ancient? }{ 161 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ Ancient? }