The Dark Mod Forums

Youtuber needs encouragement....

AluminumHaste

Just for the record, I like Fen's voice and babbling - it has grown on me over time. So please keep it up :)

I concur. It's got a ton of character, too. That's something to value highly.

Also, @FenPhoenix: you are hilarious! :D

It's oddly enough exactly "my" kind of humor, so naturally my face is sore from smiling and/or laughing.

So great, man. So great. :laugh:

Keep it going for all things that are holy!

Edit: Jesus, I have to point it out. My head is throbbing from laughing at this part in your "Return to the City" play-through:

"Man, people wear these Wellington gumboots that slap around like fish."

It's so incredibly spot-on!

Edited by GameDevGoro

I must be in the minority then....

No - It isn't my taste either, biker. :D

Would be cool to find other youtubers who play TDM missions too. I thought it is nice to see how especially new players solve the maps. I don't mean that as entertainment - I mean it to learn from it while developing the game and it's maps.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

constant babbling and irrelevant info

Well, Fen is doing Let's Plays. For videos of this type, It is common practice to do a commentary on your gaming and related things. Unlike many other people on the web, Fen at least doesn't all the time go like "uhm, what do I have to do here?? uhm.... uhm... uhm... no that's not it... Ok, let's look around a little bit... uhm... uhm". THAT is annoying! I prefer to hear some funny things (like he does it), especially if I know the FM already.

What you guys seem to be looking for is actually called "walkthrough"-video. No commentary, just pure and plain gameplay.

Well, Fen is doing Let's Plays. For videos of this type, It is common practice todo a commentary on your gaming and related things. What you guys seem to be looking for is actually called "walkthrough"-video. No commentary, just pure and plain gameplay.

There is commentary and then there is babbling. I have watched a few walkthough vids over the years and for the most part yes it is gameplay but with commentary when needed.

I really like Fen's vids and style very much as well. His commentary and playstyle is far above the usual boring maunder you often find in such youtube stuff. remember Let's Play vids are not primary to showcase. nor to test or objectivly review. They're first and most to entertain. Being part at someones outspoken eloquent thoughts on a first playthrough. Which in Fen's case works and entertain well to my taste. ... Looking forward to more TDM vids from you Fen!

Edited by fllood

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

I am currently enjoying your playthrough of RTTC. For some reason I think your voice suits the TDM world V well. Especially when you read the readables. I like your random musings and occasionally find them funny. Don't stop!

It's very rare that I play an FM more than once but I'm getting more life out of them by watching someone else play them and observing thier approach and listening to thier opinions. Keep them coming!

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

Everyone speaks their minds here. I can't say these forums haven't seen some heated discussions but it's MUCH better than most forums I used to frequent on CG. Every thread started with someone's work and was followed by X number of comments like "great", "awesome", "great details" etc, where X depends on the actual quality of the image. That's it, the only way to measure if you did a good job was how much praise you got.

• 2 years later...

delete this...

Edited by Venus

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

I enjoyed while watching. He's talking in a good way compared to some of talktive commenters who make my ears blood. Since he's newbie it's another reason to watch. :)

I recorded a video of the mission "how it's supposed to be", incluing door locking & listening and body shouldering with different route. Feel free to link this video to him. He needs this most.

How did you throw that flashbomb? I've been trying to do that for ages, and all it ever does for me, is drop it at my feet. In my control set, R is set for Flashbomb, but

it never does anything. Bringing up the flashbomb in Inv, and hitting Enter is the only thing that works, and all that does is drop it at my feet. So how do you throw it?

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Really like the vids Fen, and the voices lol. Your Karras is damn near perfect, cracked me up lol.

I must be in the minority then....

Nope. Each to its like, but his videos have a certain, strong american entertainment style to them, which i dislike. No offence to the americans here, and to the guy himself, but i just find it exaggerated. I prefer more subtle stuff. Good voice though, kind of made for voice acting.

Thanks, yeh I discovered that the other day after seeing it in that, vid, I just fiddled until I found it.