The Dark Mod Forums

Hark! You there! — What GPU do you have?

Serpentine

TDM Players GPU Poll Early 2012  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Select which range your graphics card THAT PLAYS TDM on falls under.

• nVidia - Newish (Newer than 2xx)
    • nVidia - Older (8xxx / 9xxx)
    • AMD - Newish (Newer than HD4xxx)
    • AMD - Older (X1xxx/HD2xxx)
    • Legacy AMD/nVidia - Older than the options on here.
    • Intel / S3 - Please only select if the game runs correctly. Provide a model in thread.

Lol my GPU isn't on the vote list. You have newer than ATI 4xxx or older than ATI 2xxxx I have a 3870 which would be a 3xxxx. (I chose older anyway.)

It's been an awesome GPU, very reliable, still plays most games, never overheats. It's about 5-6 years old. Made me an ATI fan.

• 2 weeks later...

When I started playing TDM, I was using an ATI 4870. I'm now using (and voted in this poll as using) an NVidia 560Ti. I have had no problems whatsoever with the NVidia, with no need to tweak or tinker with settings (it's been gorgeous!), and the ATI I did have to tinker a bit with (especially disabling Catalyst AI), but once I'd done some really simple stuff, it was grand as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Cross-fired 5770's. Not the greatest combination for this mod, given that crossfire needs CAT AI :\

Edited by Trunks0

-Trunks0

Asus Maximus Formula(X38) - Intel Core2Quad 8400 @ 3.2Ghz - 4Gb PC2-6400 OCZ Gold XTC/Corsair XMS2(@800mhz) -

16X8X16 DL 8X Pioneer DVR-111D DL DVD±RW - 320GB HD(Seagate 7200.10) - 640Gb Westerm Digital w/16Mb Cache -

2 x Crossfired PowerColor Radeon HD 5770's - Audigy2 - Windows 7 64

Sapphire HD 4870 512MB, bought in July '08 so coming up to four years old. It has served me pretty well although I must admit my gaming is pretty much limited to TDM plus the odd online shooter, and I haven't bought any new games for quite a while.

I run TDM on my monitor's native res @ 1920x1080. It runs pretty well although I don't usually have AA or AF turned up as I'd rather have the performance gain. Sometimes it can be quite choppy, usually in parts of maps well known to be taxing. I'd love to be able to run TDM at a solid 60fps with all settings on high (and find the perfect gamma/brightness levels!) but that's going to take a hefty upgrade as well as perhaps some engine/mapping optimisation. I'm going to stick with what I have for the near future, although I'm thinking of going the small form factor route at some point down the line.

Just to say I have upgraded from my Intel integrated HD chip thing to a new laptop with 2GB nvidia GT 555M, and that when I voted with my Intel chip and said "TDM plays fine so far", what I should have said was "TDM runs fine because as far as my utternoob brain is concerned getting an average of 12-15fps is brilliant and I really don't know any better".

I know the 555M is lower-middle range GPU-wise, but still - I'm now getting 50-60fps in areas where I was down to 3-5fps (**cough**GlenhamTowercrypt**cough**) and TDM has gone from looking really good to jaw-droppingly stunning.

• 4 weeks later...

Cross-fired 5770's. Not the greatest combination for this mod, given that crossfire needs CAT AI :\

Should be better after 1.08 is released. CatAi doesn't have to be disabled. Would be good to hear how it works for you then, I don't think anyone else is running crossfire.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

geforce gtx 460 linux i could use the intel HD gpu that comes with the cpu... core i5 2500k

I also have that option, but I need a hdmi cable to plug into that, so no testing from me. From what I understand it's OK for games like TF2, so it should run darkmod decently as well.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

I knew it wasn't gonna fly, but I tried TDM on a laptop with a Geforce 6150 (32-bit!) the other day. I got it up to about 15 FPS on A Score to Settle by downscaling the textures and in low resolution. I wonder if 1.08 would make TDM playable on this machine. I also wonder if I can go outside right now and jump up to reach the clouds. :)

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.