The Dark Mod Forums

And the Shadow was banished

AluminumHaste

And there was much rejoicing in the world as revellers took to the streets with women and mead and celebrated long into the night.

Large monuments of the Heel were raised and the revellers sacrificed small rodents to his name, and praised the Mode for appointing such a faithful watcher.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Guys, whatever you are smoking, it was supposed for decorational purposes only and you should take less of it.

(Captcha: WhatTheFuckHappened)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Guys, whatever you are smoking, it was supposed for decorational purposes only and you should take less of it.

(Captcha: WhatTheFuckHappened)

The troll was doused in acid by the Spring of Winter, never to return again.

Come on man look at the capitalized letters and put 2+2 together <3

Here here Sotha, have a pint of the black stuff.

I for one am super glad he's gone, I hope he reads this thread and cries, shameful of his past deeds and resolves to become a better member of society and stop hiding behind bullshit language barrier excuses.

empty = clean -> No problema. :D

edit: Seriously, I believe some people'll miss him since he starts discussions out of nowhere and keeps them interesting in different way.

I'll miss these things like a failed kidney or a broken bone. Oh yeah, a these remind me on how fragile I am and how lucky I should be to be whole and healthy. But still, I can do every day without a broken bone. Absofrickenlutly.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Lol, this reminds me of a label in Japan. It has very severe penalties for drug possession, but somehow hallucinogenic mushrooms fell through the cracks and you can legally buy them, but on the package it says in Japanese: "For ornamental use only". Haha, as if people are going to hang the mushrooms along their walls along with the Christmas lights. :laugh:

Edit: As for the topic at hand, hopefully he still makes FMs so we get the best of both worlds, lol.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Melan was quite prophetic about the nature of this fellow. I can only say that we owe a debt of gratitude to whoever banned ShadowHide. :)

Thanks.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

What if he came back with a different name, was respectful of others' work, and entered the newbie contest as a "first-time mapper"? Also, what if he included some sort of uber-secret easter egg in the map declaring that "Mr. X" is Shadowhide"?

Something like if you take the second bottle from the right in the kitchen and throw it down the well, a compartment opens in the master bedroom and a scroll drops out.

I'm surprised more mappers don't put in easter eggs like these.

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

They might if they opened up the .pk4 & looked at the mission in DR, which some of us are known to do...

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Lol, this reminds me of a label in Japan. It has very severe penalties for drug possession, but somehow hallucinogenic mushrooms fell through the cracks and you can legally buy them, but on the package it says in Japanese: "For ornamental use only". Haha, as if people are going to hang the mushrooms along their walls along with the Christmas lights. :laugh:

LOL Well, I guess the american nonsense of "manufacturer covers his ass by listing all stupid things you might/could do as forbidden" has swapped to Europe, too. Almost all flowering plans now carry "for decoration only" stickers - I mean, you can eat a lot of flowers, but it used to be common knowledge which ones are ok. (daysies, roses, dandelions etc most of the stuff in the garden is actually eatable - not all of them are tasty, tho). And there some you can't eat or nobody in his right mind would try to eat - I mean, why would I ever try an Orchid and cactus salat?

However, instead of making distinctions, everything is now labeled as "for decoration only". Not only does this tell something about the populace (most of whom couldn't distinguish a dandelion from a daisy if their life depended on), but also the general spirit (instead of educating them with a 1 page text, they simply dumb it down to a warning).

It also days a lot about the burocratic monster we created, because if things WERE actually not only for decoration, they would fall under "food regulations", and that opens at least 3 cans of worms.

And this is why we have nonsense like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia

not allowed to be sold as food. So you buy the plants for decoration only :D

(The dumbing down, further derailing this thread, happened to household applicances, too. My washing machine recently had a problem - the only thing it says is "E01" and the manual says "the water protection triggered - contact service". Whatever is wrong is probably very easy fixable by swapping the pipe or replacing a gasket, but I don't even know which part I'd need to swap or what the real problem is. And the best part is it didn't even tell me how to get the water and the laundry out - so I was supposed to leave it in over the weekend until the service is available again? WTF?)

What if he came back with a different name, was respectful of others' work

If he were capable of the latter he wouldn't have been banned in the first place.

He had his second, third, fourth etc. chance.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

In all seriousness - what was the straw that broke the camel's back here? He hadn't done anything particularly provocative that I'd seen in ages. Only the "rate worst missions" thing he did a couple of months ago.

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

I also wanted to ask, but none of the first few posters said anything about why, so I figured it must have been a big thing and I'd missed it, and kept quiet to try hide my ignorance.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Whoa! Didn't see that coming. Did he do something bad yesterday? I thought he was acting okay in the last weeks. :blink:

He got a warning a few weeks/months ago about not using big animated GIFs in signatures or he'd be banned. Yesterday he did it again.

A pity he had such a crappy attitude. If he really wanted he could have helped this community with his scripting skills. I haven't got a clue how to do that and I know there's some very experienced mappers here who have no idea how to script.

Oh well, at least it's an end to the giant signiture and the never ending crappy avatars.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker