The Dark Mod Forums

And the Shadow was banished

AluminumHaste

Talking of which I am working on the update of this mission as it was handed over to me lock/stock a while ago. The castle now has 5 levels (dungeon, basement, ground, 1st, and roof), its all built with placement Ai but still have to build the servant's quarters, the Nobel's quarters on the 1st floor and the updated roof area.

No offence but I've got very mixed feelings about this. I have zero enthusiasm to play Winter Harvest for a third time. I'd be much happier if we just had a brand new mission from you. But for all I know this could be nothing like the first two revs and be just as good as a new Biker mission. I'll try and reserve judgement. I hope I'll be pleasantly suprised.

• Like 1

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

Well I tried with him on several occasions but it was like I was talking to a bloody child that refused to listen.

but on a different note, the fact we tolerated him as long as we did shows how good a forum we are.

My words! I ignored most of his stuff and even tried to politely answer, but after a time it was to much so I simply ignored his posts. Only to find he'd start new threads (so you see their titles in the new thread list), then changed his avatar every other week to something I don't want to see, at which point I needed AdBlock to block these. And then he discovered the status update box... it never stopped with him.

He's just been lucky that I have no mod powers, I'd have banned him a long time ago. So kudos for the patience of the mods.

And I hope that shadowhide gets a grip on his problems and gets better. There is always hope.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

• 1 month later...

sup

Seems like most of you guys is finaly happy,but i recently read this thread.

I lol'd

You guys are talking about my bad attitude and stuff,did I ever personally insulted any you ?

Do you remember how everything started ? I carefully said that i find some of TDM missions little boring and what did I got ? "ignore this idiot","ban his sorry ass" ? ok.Your community is so intellegent,polite and friendly.

Since than I started to talk completely other way with people who deserve it

But did I ever trolled people like Melan,Greebo,New Horizon,Springheel,Bikerdude,Mortem Desino ect. ? I dont think so.

And what I was banned for ? gif in the signature ? are you fucking kidding me ? yes,Springheel warned me about it for a few times BUT,why the hell are you,Springheel, started to delete my text signature ? I asked you in PM for a few times,but you never replied me.I thought you were ignoring me and I insterted another gif,than you SUDDENLY show up with a banhummer.So why the hell are you ignored me when i wanted to ask something,huh ? why ?

ban for a gif ? are you fucking kidding me again ? after all good things i did for mod ? shared it in local network,shared it on a few Half Life related websites,made a few tutorial maps for mappers,even made a playable mission ! than what ? ban for a gif ? are you fucking kidding me for a third time ?

anyway,after all bad things you did to me,I'm still planning to make another TDM mission.

But if he suddenly became a nice guy, he'd get justified hell from everybody for selling out haha. So it's better he stays true to his calling.

I once checked out ZB's early TTLG posts. He was agreeable and used plenty of smiley faces. It messed with my mind.

sup

Seems like most of you guys is finaly happy,but i recently read this thread.

I lol'd

You guys are talking about my bad attitude and stuff,did I ever personally insulted any you ?

Do you remember how everything started ? I carefully said that i find some of TDM missions little boring and what did I got ? "ignore this idiot","ban his sorry ass" ? ok.Your community is so intellegent,polite and friendly.

[..]

Apparently you almost never do anything politely or carefully. That seems to be your style. You've been asked again and again to behave and adjust your manners according to the tone on this board. But you didn't. You've tried to "provoke" with comments, signature & avatars. You don't say please or thank you.

You troll around asking "Where is new missions?" and after getting an answer you just go again "so,where is new missions ?" which is classical SH "The Troll" style.

The community & the admins cut you a lot of slack, but you refused to compromise.