The Dark Mod Forums

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

7upMan

Joystiq has an interview with Frictional Games (Anmesia) and thechineseroom (Dear Esther) joining forces to develop the next installment of Amnesia. It's said to take place way before The Dark Descent, sharing the universe but nothing else. You will find a short description here, and the full interview here.

post-3427-0-12533600-1330507401_thumb.jpg

Dark Project anyone?:

post-3427-0-40572700-1330507403_thumb.jpg

post-3427-0-38998100-1330507405_thumb.jpg

post-3427-0-15252900-1330507407_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Well that above link sent me Frictional Games and I went to the forum there (I joined it back in 2010). Read a few things and gave TDM a plug. Their new game "coming soon" looks to be a scare a minute type game that I'm looking forward to playing.

I fell guilty that I'll buy that and yet pay nothing for TDM.

TDM needs a paypal donation box.

• 2 weeks later...

The art of the house & the poem?

I like the dev blog on game design in the top-links.

I read game design blogs like an artist probably reads blogs on painting technique.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I started playing Amnesia not too long ago (fortunately found the sound files to disable the annoying/jarring teeth grinding sound effect) and I thought it was great. I didn't play too much of it because I need to be more selective with my time, but it's definitely one of the scariest games I've played. I also loved the environmental detail, and dark games like this will be so much better once good contrast ratios can be achieved again (e.g. with OLED monitors becoming affordable. I sold my CRT because I had forgotten how much they strain the eyes).

And if A Machine For Pigs were to support upcoming VR headsets, now that would be particularly freaky.