The Dark Mod Forums

Crucible of Omens: Forum news feed

Bikerdude

• 1 year later...

Evening folks

Sorry its been so long since our last new post about the campaign, but I come bearing good news! "The prologue mission is currently in alpha testing" and to celebrate here are some shots to enjoy while we work out the bugs & kinks, and tweak gameplay & difficulty.

iQYkprmWTyWRk.jpg

ifgHe6LNSLpum.jpg

iSZnnChxAYJl1.jpg

ibhjCohpcygKgC.jpg

Those shots look freakin' amazing! Cannot wait to play this!!

Those shots look freakin' amazing! Cannot wait to play this!!

Exactly, me to, btw when this gets released will it become a default mission that you automatically play by clicking new game (transforming TDM in a game like any other) or will it behave just like a normal fan mission?

Excited!

How is the rest of the campaign shaping up?

Don't ask that question, please. :)

Exactly, me to, btw when this gets released will it become a default mission that you automatically play by clicking new game (transforming TDM in a game like any other) or will it behave just like a normal fan mission?

It will be like a normal fan mission. [edit]Also, when and if the rest of the campaign happens, it will be on a mission by mission basis.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Nine including this one. Scary number.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

So Lazy! Can't anyone do an honest days' work?

(inappropriate TDM AI quote)

Biker plays TDM > then hears the AI call him lazy > then builds 20,000 more brushes... > cycle continues.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Love the blue window lighting, the excellent water canal patchwork and also the wonderful harmony of the simple peasant kitchen.

One only minor suggestion I come up with: The light color of the outdoor gaslights seam to have all the same yellow light color. Some little variety in the yellow cast lights would add to the overall already great atmosphere.

Outstanding work guys !!

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

One only minor suggestion I come up with: The light color of the outdoor gaslights seam to have all the same yellow light color. Some little variety in the yellow cast lights would add to the overall already great atmosphere.

Good idea, and I have already created whiter matching particle effects in another wip so can just copy and paste.

• 1 month later...

Evening folks

Sorry its been so long since our last new post about the campaign, but I come bearing good news! "The prologue mission is now entering beta testing" and to celebrate here are some shots to enjoy while we work out the bugs & kinks, and tweak gameplay & difficulty.

post-496-0-16116300-1449265668_thumb.jpg

post-496-0-62330600-1449265677_thumb.jpg

post-496-0-18848700-1449265687_thumb.jpg

Also, those screenshots were brightened from my original jpg's too, cuz I play TDM with really low gamma/brightness cuz I like it DARK. I think my settings are .9 for both gamma and .9 for brightness.

For promotional shots:

Always turn up settings higher than you can comfortably play.

8x AA and 16xAF is a good target.

Always start with higher gamma and brightness, you can darken afterwards.

Of course, quality settings are far less important than the artistic composition of the shots but some players see image quality artifacts as major annoyances (nails on a chalkboard).

There's no reason to fret the low FPS because you can always revert the settings. You can even assign a hot key to take screens at higher IQ than you play at.

Awesome, can someone instruct me as to set my screenshots to be set with 8xAA / 16xAF and higher brightness/gamma/resolution so I can play comfortably and the screenshots can be taken constantly without revising settings for each screenshot and then reverting back to playable settings?

Awesome, can someone instruct me as to set my screenshots to be set with 8xAA / 16xAF and higher brightness/gamma/resolution so I can play comfortably and the screenshots can be taken constantly without revising settings for each screenshot and then reverting back to playable settings?

You will have to change the settings via the main menu

Speaking of which, what is a good target gamma/brightness setting for screenshots?

1.33 gamma, 1.00 brighness - works for me.

You will have to change the settings via the main menu

1.33 gamma, 1.00 brighness - works for me.

Ahh, thanks. I misunderstood Nbohr1more's post.

I thought he meant I could play with no AA and 1x AF with reduced brightness/gamma/resolution but still assign a hot key that would take screenshots with 8xAA / 16xAF and certain brightness/gamma/resolution without having to manually reconfigure each time I wanted to get a sceen shot.

I'll keep this in mind for screenshots this time around. Also, be forewarned all I have is a 17" that goes to 1280x1024 max. :-(

I really need another 8GB of RAM and a better video card.

Yes it's possible to take screens at a different resolution than you play at. It's the same way you do it in Doom 3. Use google and search either Doom 3 tweak sites or these forums where AluminumHaste has posted the instructions many times.

Could we use them as a quick update news on ModDB? Since the voting only last 4 days, we need to get some attention there to catch some votes I think. Or maybe a short post about the progress of the next update - just something to pop up at the users screens.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager