The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Phrase Book by Sotha (2012/05/12)

Sotha

The Phrase Book  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag

2. 2. Appearance: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing etc.

3. 3. Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find any of the notes people are talking about.

Burnt note?

Piano lessons?

I also can't seem to find the cache.

Mind spelling these out for me?

I'm not as big a fan of randomization as other folks, mind, so I have to ask if these locations change as well as the major component of the level.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

• 3 months later...

Really liked the intro and exit through the rooftops.

No points to anyone predicting this video was coming up.

Absolutely loved the humanizing touch of the secret objective(s).

Edited by V-Man339

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

• 2 years later...

I'm playing on Hard, and finding the water trap impossible to escape. I don't have a breath potion, and don't recall seeing one or being tipped off that I should buy one at the outset. Even before the water starts rising, the grill I need to unlock highlights and unhighlights apparently at random, and this only gets worse when the water rises and I can't stay steady in front of the grill. The sound of the water makes it hard to hear the sound of the lockpicks and therefore judge when you need to change from one to the other. I can't seem to assign each lockpick to a particular function key, as you can in Thief, so I keep having to cycle through the inventory to find them. I've tried setting the lockpicking difficulty to Auto or Trainer, but I still drown. Am I missing an easier way of doing this?

You can toggle your lockpicks by pressing "p". You find that in the options menu.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter