The Dark Mod Forums

Baddcog

Yep, I bought it. Have it pre-installed.

It fires up at midnight west coast time.

Is anyone else going to play?

I'm afraid it's going to eat up most of my free time for awhile. I like dungeon crawlers and haven't played one since Torchlight, the multiplayer bit will be cool.

Not much more to say, either you know about it or don't lol. Just wondering who else will be playing.

I'll be signed in under

VueDue#1994

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Well, I never played the first two.

Though from their 'what's new in 3' page ( http://us.battle.net...en/game/what-is ) it sounds like they tweaked things that must have been the major issues. But for the most part it sounds like they stuck pretty close to their already popular and successful game mode.

* runes to add to spells let you tweak their effects

* followers can now be customized with weaps/abilities so you can fine tune them to match your style

* improved the inventory system

* fully customizable hotbar keys

*auction house>paypal interaction

Those seem to be the major changes, apart from the fact that it's stunning artwork which I imagine is also a major improvement.

I think I'm going to go with the Witch Doctor btw. Throwing plaques of poisoness frogs, raising undead minnions, etc.. sounds really cool.

If it is as awesome as Diablo 2 was then I will be getting it, but I'll be waiting for a bit before diving in, since D2 was so addictive.

However,if it is as a let down as SC2 was compared to SC1 I don't think I'll pony up the 60 bucks.

It will be hard to tell though! I'm sure all the reviews will say it's awesome.

Played a bit this morning (dled on my laptop last night). The witch doctor is pretty cool. Got to lvl 6 pretty quickly (1 1/2 hours)

Looks great even on small screen low settings. Lagtop lags a bit in foggy areas.

Can't compare to anything else atm but no complaints, pretty much what I expected. Fun Dungeon crawling and beautiful enviros.

More indepth than Torchlight (dungeon crawling lite, hehe). Lots of item slots, small inventory. shared stash (for all characters) in town that is small but can be upgraded (expensive)

Is this game using some sort of alwas-on DRM? Oh wait, it's using battle.net, forget that I was even asking :D

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Yup:

To quote the PC Gamer "live review":

I alt+tab out to check my net connection, and it’s working fine. When I get back in, the game’s quit to the main menu with an error saying there’s been an error – it has a number but no specifics. When I try to get back in, it throws up another error that says to make sure all of my party is ready. I’m playing single player. In a few minutes I’m able to log back in and play again. I’ve lost all my progress through the current zone and the world has reset and repopulated with monsters, but my character, items and quest status are intact.

There’s a lot to say about the fact that this can happen even in single player, but I’ll keep it brief: this is utter bullshit.

*sigh* i bought the game even with all the shit thats wrong. I don't care how good a game is, if it's new IP with no nostalgia or expectations based on previous experience attached to the gamer, shit like this would never fly. As things are.... I'm going to play this game, even if it installs malware on my computer. ME3 and D3 are setting horrible precedents, but I'm confident that their profits will drop sharply once they run out of existing IP to destroy and ruin with their nonsense. I'd never start playing or getting involved in a new game franchise with all the nonsense in some of these games I've been compelled to put up with this shit for. I suspect others feel the same, but in the end, the consumers will speak with their wallets, and not their keyboards on forums, so time will tell if I'm right on that.

Well, I played quite a bit yesterday.

I think the graphics are great and it's pretty fun. No real issues with the game itself, no noticeable bugs, etc..

The internet thing kind of pissed me off though. Spent 20+ minutes working through a level to the boss. Was within about 5 seconds of beating the boss and clearing the level... Disconnected. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

And that was single player so yeah, LAME.

Next boss was pretty damn tough and 3 times of getting beat I had to join a game with other players (a monk with revive :) ) and got through it. So in that aspect the online thing is nice, that counts as finishing th level so I can jump right back into single player and continue at my own pace.

That sounds like crap. I prefer single player, ALWAYS. I would hate getting disconnected and losing progress. I would hate to be forced to join with other players sometimes because they didn't balance the game properly for a good single player experience.

I'm sure the actual game is fun and cool, but I'll probably avoid it

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

Yeah, with other players it's definitely a run fest. GO GO GO!

By myself I was checking every nook and cranny.

That one boss was a giant one that has a half circle platform around him. He slams his arms on it, breaths fire and does something weird like making the ground lava pools. When he does that it's impossible to find somewhere to stand. And all the health potions have a 30 second cool down so you can't spam them to survive.

I suppose with more time/practice I could get it... Sometimes I really hate redoing bosses a thousand times though.

But, I've had save game issues on PS2 before that cost me. I played 3/4 of the way through Tomb Raider 3 twice. Each time the save game got corrupted at the exact same spot so I could never get past there. That was a major bummer.

-------

One other thing that is nice right now about the online singleplay, I don't have to transfer game saves between the desktop and laptop.

So fam Im enjoying this game.. The connection never did something bad to me, any anyway Im always on the internet, so no problem with that..

What is a bit odd is the system of skills (Im missing the good old skill trees) and missing stats. Also the numbers on attack (bring me back the X-XY numbers). But maybe it will work after all.. First you have to play a bit longer and than you will see whether the Diablo magic is still working. I remember playing D2 for the first time, thinking how crappy it is. And after 10 years still enjoying the game=)

And abouth Path of Exile: Tried that and was boooored really a lot. Dont know why, everything seems fine, but the result is bad. I really wanted succes for PoE, cause I have been watching this project for long time and everything seemed even better than diablo, but.. It is a bad game and I dont even know why. You just dont feel the need to play again, kill another beast, find better equipment..

He was sneeking silently in the night, moonlight was his enemy.

(Im not a native speaker, sorry for all miscleanous caused by my english..)

Yeah, with other players it's definitely a run fest. GO GO GO!

By myself I was checking every nook and cranny.

Yep, I played through most of act 1 my first time through with 3 friends IRL. It was rushed horribly. After we were done, I actually went and changed quest back to the beginning of the game so I could replay the thing and explore all the map, and read all the dialogue and tomes lying around.

@pPoe, the stats, you need to click a button on your inventory. Left side below the character, a bit hard to see.

I think the skill tree is a toss up, some people enjoy not having to select every skill, I'm sure a lot miss it too. Personally I'm fine not having to add points.

------

Running under VueDue#1994 , add me