The Dark Mod Forums

Fresh Thief 4 cinematic

Outlooker

That candle video is encouraging, we can actually see some geometry aliasing on the candle holder, so there's a chance that was taken in game. I really hope you don't get a cut scene like that every time you put out a candle though.......

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

That game is very low on my to-play-list. How does it work?

Surgeon Sim just has you controlling your hand directly, so you have to hover it over the utensils to pick them up, and then drag, orient and wiggle the hand in the body to (hopefully) cut arteries and such. Comedy ensues. I didn't play it, but it's enough to watch a Let's Play on YouTube.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

That's mostly the same footage we saw leaked years ago.

But this time, it's with narration! And hi-res!!! Awesome!!!!!

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

The music makes me appreciate Eric Brosius.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

So, Eidos Montreal have ditched Stephen Russell...unreal.

Sign the petition to get him back. https://www.change.o...ll-for-thief-4#

A petition won't be enough I'm sure, but it's a start.

Share it and push the numbers through the stratosphere. I don't even care much about this game, but this has to be the most bone headed decision I've ever seen. If they don't want him, perhaps we should get a kickstarter going and hire him to play a new character in TDM. lol

:smile:

What excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?

Jean-Christophe: Yes. And to answer your question directly, the actor playing Garrett needed to be able to perform his own stunts. Garrett’s a really athletic guy. We could have pasted Stephen’s voice on top of the actions and stunts of someone else, but this wouldn’t appear natural. It really wouldn’t make any sense to capture the full performance for our other characters, but not for our star.

Steven: We’re absolutely huge fans of Stephen’s work on the classic Thief games. But when it came down to it, we ultimately realized that holding onto Steven as the voice of Garrett just for the sake of our nostalgia would be like wanting to cast Sean Connery again in the new 007 movies... It’s a nice thought, but honestly, it wouldn’t make sense for anything else other than nostalgia.

Oh wow.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Hm. I never felt very strongly for the Garrett's voice. For me, it was a voice actor as in any game. The am-eeeri-can accent with teen-like end-notes on certain words was a bit unfitting for the medieval setting, in my opinion, but I did not mind.

That's why I find all the fuss about Garrett's voice actor a bit odd.

Anyways, has anyone thought about the possibility that maybe the new voice actor is even better than Russell? That is quite possible, especially that when you think Garrett as a character has been changed in the new game.

(Well, I admit that in reality it is not possible for the new actor to be better, if your mind already rebels against the very thought of having someone else voicing Garrett. )

Just wanted to point out this possibility. I understand many feel strongly about this, so I'm gonna hide in my underground nuclear shelter for a while after posting this unorthodox view... :laugh:

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Oh wow.

Yeah, that's stupid. Keeping Russell wouldn't make sense. And then they hired a new actor who tries to imitate him. They should have made a completely new character.

About the music, when

, it reminds me Basil Poledouris' music for Robocop in the

It's only a model...

could have pasted Stephen’s voice on top of the actions and stunts of someone else, but this wouldn’t appear natural.

Good to know that "stunts" are more important to the character. Don't movies regularly dub actor vocals over top of the video?

As for the new actor, if the trailer is anything to go by, I'm not impressed. Sounds like someone trying to do their best impression of someone else.

Hm. I never felt very strongly for the Garrett's voice. For me, it was a voice actor as in any game. The am-eeeri-can accent with teen-like end-notes on certain words was a bit unfitting for the medieval setting, in my opinion, but I did not mind.

That's why I find all the fuss about Garrett's voice actor a bit odd.

Anyways, has anyone thought about the possibility that maybe the new voice actor is even better than Russell? That is quite possible, especially that when you think Garrett as a character has been changed in the new game.

(Well, I admit that in reality it is not possible for the new actor to be better, if your mind already rebels against the very thought of having someone else voicing Garrett. )

Just wanted to point out this possibility. I understand many feel strongly about this, so I'm gonna hide in my underground nuclear shelter for a while after posting this unorthodox view... :laugh:

Well, I played the first two Thief parts in german. The synchro was very cool, and I was extremely sad that the third part was only available in english. That said, I think that Russell did a good job there, but I don't think the "new guy" is doing it worse.

Anyways, I don't care much about this, as I hope for translation.

Another thing. What do they mean by stunts. Aren't the movies animated (so not real)? What do they need a stuntman for? :blink:

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter