The Dark Mod Forums

Fresh Thief 4 cinematic

Outlooker

Couldn't the second one be a rope arrow? Its barbs could hold themselves in wood.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I guess, but then where's the rope?

Watch the

again, pause it at 0:51, and you can see exactly what the rope arrow / claw looks like. The open question is if there's a 2nd thing in addition to it, or they're using two terms for that same thing (which I suspect).

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I think the second is probably just a regular broadhead.

In the video, the claw definitely looks like something that could be fired on an arrow (it moves like a projectile rather than a grapple), but there's clearly no arrow shaft on it.

Have to admit, I like those arrow designs.

Yeah, I saw the YogsCast interviewing them today. The other cool thing about the Yogscast today was that their play-through video was for the HL2 mod "Void", which was made by our own Kroakie on the TTLG forums. Well, a small team where he was a major contributor anyway. Pretty cool day for us over there.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Undead enemies were always polarizing, with people taking sides if they liked it or not.

I didn't mind them for some levels, but I can understand them being taken out too.

I can get into either style and have for FMs for a long time, more realistic and more fantasy, so it won't hurt the game for me.

PoorToni :P

"PoorToni" is developing into AngryToni and making an own youtubechannel with angry game reviews and it's even getting its own sound track if you don't pull your tongue back into your mouth, young cake! B)

I guess "mystical" is the only word they could find making things still interesting instead of just admitting: no more zombies, no more crazy pagans, no more magicians, no more elementals but many James Bond action! :rolleyes:

Edited by SeriousToni

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Is that you?! (You doesn't look like your avatar :smile:)

thats mean you okay with it ?

Was just kidding. But seriously, I don't care. As I'm guessing gameplay mechanics will not be good and it will use some DRM-steam stuff I won't play this game anyways. :mellow:

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Was just kidding. But seriously, I don't care. As I'm guessing gameplay mechanics will not be good and it will use some DRM-steam stuff I won't play this game anyways. :mellow:

You're right about both gameplay and DRM

DRM is everywhere these days,so thats mean you're not going to play any new game at all ? :o sure,most of them worth nothing(even if they get 10/10 on sold out sites like metacritic ect.),but games like Dishonored is definitely worth a try

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

I think you can play all DRM games without DRM if you use a cracked version of the games and will have less troubles than the people who bought it WITH DRM. I dunno - just a guess.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

That's what I did with Dishonored. I bought it right when it came out (I wanted to show my support to our own Digi & Purah for working on it), and then I just used the cracked version to play it since I was in Thailand and couldn't get online. But now I have the nice looking box on my shelf to show for it too.

I think you can play all DRM games without DRM if you use a cracked version of the games and will have less troubles than the people who bought it WITH DRM. I dunno - just a guess.

But than the publishers will never ever understand that these measures are contraproductive.

DRM is everywhere these days,so thats mean you're not going to play any new game at all ? :o

There are still some games without always-on. The Witcher 2 (and 3 should be, too), Soase, Torchlight (you only have to activate it once), PES to mention a few I've bought.

Anyways. Even if there will be no more games without DRM, I don't mind. I have plenty of other hobbies (and I have TDM :smile:).

Re: movement in the new Thief:

I wouldn't hope for quite the same level of complexity as the Dark Engine games. It did seem to be played with a controller on a PC, and I only really knew that by seeing 'RB = Takedown'

*sigh*

Disappointing, but then again, what did we expect? LGS is dead.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I just want to understand this correctly. It sounds like "complexity" in this context means the archaic mechanic of simulating a swinging blackjack that has to physically hit someone in the head to KO (or foot, but that's a quibble), versus the (preferred, mind you) 'RB=Takedown' mechanic, where you ostensibly stand in the vicinity behind an AI, mash RB on a controller, and some QTE takes over to insta-take-down the AI for you. If so...

3cd8a33a.png

To keep things in perspective, this was Dishonored's mechanic. So it would be perfectly in keeping with contemporary expectations...

• Like 4

its probably because the game company is japanese owned now, if you've seen a gameplay video for resident evil 6, that game seems to consist of button mashing as a game mechanic. someone was saying that most games owned by japanese companies are all going that way, the games play like movies with very little player interaction apart from hitting a button at a predefined time, and a massive graphic on screen telling you when that time is. Its like game companies have decided that players have all become too thick to know when a button should be pressed, and it should only be pressed when they've decided it should be pressed.

Since demos are "out" nowadays, my hint on this game would be that everyone tries out a free cracked version first and then, if the game is good, buys the original version. That way no one would pump endless money in a sh*tty game just to discover that it is sh*tty.

Since demos are "out" nowadays, my hint on this game would be that everyone tries out a free cracked version first and then, if the game is good, buys the original version. That way no one would pump endless money in a sh*tty game just to discover that it is sh*tty.

Or everyone tries the cracked version and, as games tend to be rather short nowadays, has already finished it before he can make a decision whether it was worth buying it or not. :smile:

Anyways. From what I've been reading it doesn't seem like it would be worth trying even a cracked version (also time has a certain value for me).

What do you mean?

It was a joke. I've meant that even if I would use a cracked version of a game to test if I like it, I would have to invest some time to play it at least. And from what I've heard about the new thief game I'm not sure it would be worth it :mellow:

I think he's talking about the fact that playing a game takes a lot of time you could be doing other (valuable) things.

So if you suspect a game isn't going to be very good, even if you could play it for free, you're still "paying" for it in time and could be better off spending that time doing the other things that make you happy.

Edit: ninja'd. What he said ^^^