The Dark Mod Forums

Conversion of ALL fan missions to i18n system (important)

ECHELON

Added conversion of 5 missions: the creeps, a night to remember, in remembrance of him, lockdown and siegeshop.

And finished the creeps italian translation. :)

almost finished the italian translation of Fiasco at Fauchard Street. :)

Edited by ECHELON

Added conversion of 5 missions: the creeps, a night to remember, in remembrance of him, lockdown and siegeshop.

And finished the creeps italian translation. :)

almost finished the italian translation of Fiasco at Fauchard Street. :)

You, Sir, are a power horse! :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Mega update:

added conversion of: Sneak and destroy, St Alban's Cathedral, Dragon's Claw, The Caduceus of St. Alban and Let Sleeping Thieves Lie.

done 6 italian translations: rake off, lockdown, the rift, house of theo, Samhain Night on Bone Hill and 'Sneak and Destroy'. :) (by me, knymed and Sengu)

done 2 german translations: Samhain Night on Bone Hill and Flakebridge Monastery. (first by radiant, second by Obsttorte, Radiant and 7upMan ) :)

Edited by ECHELON
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

happy to have solved the "problems" with Sotha. :)

Uploaded conversion of alchemist, builders influence, Deceptive Shadows, glenham tower, knighton manor, mandrasola, phrase book, Return To The CityV2, transaction, Vengeance for a thief part 1. :)

Edited by ECHELON
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note. The directory where the converted missions are stored on bloodgate.com is linked from this public thread, and it contained a directory listing (which I wanted, so people can find the files in it). Unfortunately, this caused a few bots (some of them in disguise) to crawl this directory and downloading all the files, causing a high traffic on the server.

So now the directory listing is blocked. The files are still there and can be accessed if you know their name, just not by browsing. Sorry for the invovienence!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

So now the directory listing is blocked.

Alternative idea: Place a index.php + htaccess with a password prompt in it. The code would be:

index.php

<?php
define('PASSWORD', 'thedarkmod');
define('PATH', '../i18n');

if (!isset($_POST['password'])) {
//password hasn't been send, so show formfield
echo '<form action="index.php" method="POST">';
echo '<b>Please type in password:</b><br>';
echo '<input type="text" name="password"/>';
echo '</form>';
} else {
if (htmlspecialchars($_POST['password']) == PASSWORD) {
//list files in directory
$filenames = scandir(PATH); //read directory
foreach ($filenames as $filename) {
if ($filename != '.htaccess' && $filename != '..' && $filename != '.' && $filename != 'index.php' && $filename != 'robots.txt') { //don't list htaccess, etc.
echo '<a href="'.$filename.'">'.$filename.'</a><br/>';
}
}
} else {
echo 'Nothing to crawl, Taffer!<br>';
echo 'Wrong password, please try <a href="index.php" target="_self">again</a>.';
}
}
?>

.htaccess

DirectoryIndex index.php

Just place them in: http://www.bloodgate...m/pub/pk4/i18n/

You can change these constants:

define('PASSWORD', 'thedarkmod');

define('PATH', '../i18n');

Edit: And maybe a robots.txt

User-agent: *
Disallow: /

Edited by Radiant

Alternative idea: Place a index.php + htaccess with a password prompt in it. The code would be:

Yeah, except that I'd need to post the password in this public thread.. :) (And no .php on this server).

But a HTTP auth might stil work.

Edit: And maybe a robots.txt

User-agent: *
Disallow: /

Unfortunately, the "hidden robots" don't care about this... :(

what a pity about the issue of access to files. :/

And, if i do a thing like that: storm_l10n is the same thing?

However, added german translations of deceptive shadows, mandrasola, sneak and destroy, vengeance for a thief, siegeshop and let sleeping thieves lie. (done by radiant) :)

Added the italian translation of in the north (with extra pages for translators). :)

Edited by ECHELON
  • Like 1

what a pity about the issue of access to files. :/

And, if i do a thing like that: storm_l10n is the same thing?

No, if you point directly to the file, it can be downloaded. It is just that the directory listing is invisible. I'll look into adding a password to the directory, then the listing can be shown again. Sorry for the inconvience.

• 4 weeks later...

Translated other 6 missions into italian: Deceptive Shadows, Let Spleeping Thieves Lie, Mandrasola, Siegeshop, Somewhere Above the City, Vengeance for a Thief. :)

And, it is almost ready a full conversion of training mission. So translators, prepare yourselves. :)

Edited by ECHELON
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Yes this Thread is a year old, but i didnt now if i should make a new.

Where can i get the translationfiles (to german)? I loaded a lot of Missions from "http://www.thedarkmod.com/missions/" but there seams not to be one single german translation.

There is a list of translations "http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=I18N_Status" only a list. It seams that more than half of all the Missions where translatet, but I didnt find one on the web.

Are there any instructions availlable on how to download the translated texts?

Obviously setting TDM to another language and downloading the missions is not sufficient.

Is the entire translation project on hold or was anything released already somewhere ? :huh:

• 3 weeks later...