The Dark Mod Forums

Random video of the day...

Bikerdude

• 2 weeks later...

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

It looks just like a video game, only with way more detailed graphics.

I think the physics are rock-solid and realistic, but the graphics are quite shit. Oh yeah, they simulated rain and dirt and so on, but most of the time you can't see a thing. Fail.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Prank. Not on the level of the japanese tv shows though :P

http://youtu.be/pyUOef-Z364

Imagine they put a gamer in this - the tiny girl gets shot* faster than it can scream "FEAR!" :D

* crowbared, meleed, whatever "weapon" is at hand

I think it's likely to be set up. Maybe with actors fully aware of what's about to happen or maybe they just told them it was a prank but didn't say what exactly. Because besides the risk of someone hurting the girl there's also the risk of heart attacks! lol

Great British Humor!

.Blackberry.

Oh yeah, one of my favourites! "What's the madda, you run out of juice?" "no,no, its completely frozen".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(nothing more to say)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

This video is a spoiler for DXHR.

The epic boss fight!

haaa! I had a hard time at that boss <o>

By the way, I also have a hard time making youtube videos to display correctly here. I put "media" enclosed by brackets and it automatically edits with url tags, then I have to edit and remove it, then I have to go back to youtube because I have the wrong kind of address! phew... lot of work :P

This is Russia. The video that Diego posted above was largely Russia too. You know, if you know those folks and how they move through live, you are not surprised. They are just like this. More often than not, their motto seems to be "Consequences? So what?". There couldn't be a more stark contrast to us safety-loving TÜV-Germans. ^_^

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

• 2 weeks later...

See a lightning evolve...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1mB5rM8WHU

The guy used an array of cameras on a rotating barrel to achieve this high framerate. I recently read an article about this. It's really cool how you can see that the actual lighting strike only happens at the moment when one of the small trunks touches the ground, creating sort of a channel for the electrons, which then unload to the earth.