The Dark Mod Forums

Random video of the day...

Bikerdude

• 3 weeks later...

Why this game was awesome..:

They have all sorts of reactions to whatever the player does. even if you do things you're not supposed to, the game has a special reaction for you, instead of just saying "restart the mission".

At another part in this game, you have to hire a pilot. If you instead decide to eradicate said pilot, you get scolded.

"Well, that was a completely logical decision... getting rid of the only pilot left in Forum City. Now I guess you'll have to fly yourself to the next mission."

*when you start the next mission, instead of making a smooth landing, your helicopter crash-lands.* You lose ALL of your equipment and you start the mission with very low health.

Like I said, awesome!

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This game looks pretty cool, and best of all, I don't have to use Steam to play it!

Single question though, do a reasonable number of people play it online? I need a new multiplayer game to entertain me and I enjoy games like this that are fast paced and chaotic.

I like the design decisions here as well. They kept the bounce pads, but they also included the ability to freely jump. You never were able to jump in the original, but not being able to jump these days in games seems like a horrible thing (Hear me T4 developers?).

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

Good video, thanks for the link. The same thing he's talking about is happening in gaming as well as far as the comments on sequels and the money men taking over.

We want mature games that are smart, require critical thought, immerse you in the world, and give you freedom above all else... the big AAA companies just aren't listening.

Yeah unfortunately where there's creativity and passion, money men can help make things happen, but the moment they wanna control the process for fastest profit, the creatives are the ones in the pinch. Goes for pretty much anything in entertainment I'm sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K9JhBXkfq4

Why this game was awesome..:

They have all sorts of reactions to whatever the player does. even if you do things you're not supposed to, the game has a special reaction for you, instead of just saying "restart the mission".

At another part in this game, you have to hire a pilot. If you instead decide to eradicate said pilot, you get scolded.

"Well, that was a completely logical decision... getting rid of the only pilot left in Forum City. Now I guess you'll have to fly yourself to the next mission."

*when you start the next mission, instead of making a smooth landing, your helicopter crash-lands.* You lose ALL of your equipment and you start the mission with very low health.

Like I said, awesome!

Yeah, we did a lot of work to make everyone killable, unless their invincibility made sense in the context of the game. I recommended giving Scara an indestructible shield or something, but this way turned out to be more fun :-).

Edited by Moonbo

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...