The Dark Mod Forums

Random video of the day...

Bikerdude

Here's another new person playing TDM, with commentary.

In some of the videos, she has trouble blackjacking because she doesn't aim for the head. Also, she did what another gamer did and knocked Gridley with a candle on Score to Settle. This causes him to break, unable to finish his conversation. Is there some way to fix that? E.g. if a character is talking, they are not movable? The NPC needs to not respond unless the player actually attacks them.

Perhaps she can do with some gameplay tips? Is this person on the TDM forums? I am not a Youtube member any longer so I cannot post any there. Always stand up before blackjacking somebody, do not do it in a crouch, or you will usually miss the head. Watch out for rooms with extremely low ceilings when going to blackjack somebody.

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

This game is actually a lot of fun. There's no complex dialogue or cut-scenes. The single objective is to run around at insane speeds and eradicate EVERYTHING. Most of the level design is quite good. I would even rather play this than Doom 3. I see where Romero was coming from when he says Doom 3 just lacks compared to these games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhKBdvyHUPY

Thanks to the people who made Gzdoom for making these games have full mouse-look.

Edited by lost_soul

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuw9frP1GNo

Useless, right? Wrong!

Imagine a wireless keyboard with these embedded in a few of the most commonly used keys. When you press the keys as you use the keyboard, it charges up an ultra-capacitor, which powers the keyboard.

Edited by lost_soul

• 3 weeks later...

Man if I could build maps like he draws that would be cool!

If I could draw like he draws that would be cool. Very stunning.

What is most interesting is that it seems he is using pretty simple techniques to get a good efect. I think this can be taking over to mapping as well. Find relatively simple approahes giving you good results.

The problem is that mapping is much newer then drawing is, thus causing a lack of appropiate possibilities to teach oneself such techniques.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

• 2 weeks later...

If you ever want to learn German, here is a good starting point:

Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitan FTW!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

• 2 weeks later...

Some people have waaay too much time on their hands:

But's the funzies! :D