The Dark Mod Forums

Random video of the day...

Bikerdude

The hair dryer thing was temporary, so at a wild guess when it's cold there's a dry joint with an intermittent or high resistance connection, raising the temperature with the hair dryer makes the everything expand slightly closing the connection hence the solid green, turning the PC on may even keep the temperature high enough in the PSU to keep the fault from recurring but as soon as it's turned off and goes cold it'll fail again.

1:26

"Brakes are for losers, so watch me take this corner at 30 MPH near all of these other people."

*thud*!

https://www.youtube....h?v=n-VymQeFoVQ

If there are any Russians here, in a lot of these clips people say somethinbg that sounds like "Why you mad?". What does that mean?

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

in a lot of these clips people say somethinbg that sounds like "Why you mad?". What does that mean?

That would be твою мать (tvoyu mat'). It means 'your mother', basically, though it's not used in the same context you'd say it in English, and I think it's more common to say "yop tvoyu mat'" which means 'fuck your mother', both of which just mean 'fuck you'. There's a ton of Russian phrases that mean completely different things but all fall into the 'fuck you' net.

here'saguardgoingbeastmode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7oKj-ScjBI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Airship Ballet

• 4 weeks later...

Cool post, Biker.

I used to work at a satellite earth station and we had a couple ocilloscopes running all the time monitoring the signals and you could actually see people on screen from the TV signal, in the actual wave form. It was pretty trippy. Prior to that I wouldn't have thought you could actually see people walking around in a TV scene in the actual wave form but its there. A bit fuzzy but there. Pretty amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

21:52

You will laugh, I promise.

(brilliant collision detection is brilliant)

At least the TDM guards never drop dead when they walk over geometry like that, though it too would be funny to see.

Edited by lost_soul

Trespasser, I own that game and it brought hardware to its knees back in the day. Jurassic Park kind of game with the most wonky hand articulation ever. We spent hours running around a camp just picking up stuff and moving our wrists around with the mouse. Hilarious.

Yeah, it looks pretty cool. The game had ragdoll physics and everything. I especially like the large outdoor environments with lots of trees and extremely minimal loading sections. That game would have made my computer cry back in the day.

Edited by lost_soul

Yeah. If I recall correctly, after we got it for Christmas one year, we had to wait like 8mo. or something to even play it after we got a system upgrade. It would have amazing at the time if we'd also had an Oculus or anything like that. I think the devs out-thought themselves on the hand articulation though, it was nuts.

After dispatching a Dragon space craft to resupply the ISS, SpaceX made its first attempt at an upright landing of the first stage on an ocean barge. It didn't end well but who knows what would've happened if the grid fins hadn't run out of hydraulic fluid (it's an open system, reduces mass and complexity)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwe10pbVPDQ

Still, what an amazing sight. The next attempt will be in 2 to 3 weeks and they're adding 50% more hydraulic fluid (they were off by about 10%)

I like the contrast between his high level archery on one hand and his complete lack of coordination in regards to full-body movement on the other hand. If he takes a couple dancing classes he could make a career out of doing this for the movies.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

They have many more super funny videos like this one:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

This is what Master Archery looks like!

Fantastic skills what makes me sad is how in another video of him, where they compared him to Legolas from the lord of the rings and Lars of course looked better and faster, some fantards came guns blazing to try save the honor of their favorite fictional character, stuff like this makes me lose faith in humanity i tell you.

Edited by HMart