The Dark Mod Forums

Random video of the day...

Bikerdude

Very dense atmosphere building ut there. That voice acting is top notch!

"My milkshake bringeth all ye gentlefolk to the yard. Verily 'tis better than thine, I would teach thee, but I must levy a fee."

"When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York I told him that man is like the coral insect—designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moon to delight in after he is dead."

https://soundcloud.com/paralytik

Here's the original page with background info on the project. That article is a bit misguiding and has some bad word choices.

http://theghostinthemp3.com/theghostinthemp3.html

"My milkshake bringeth all ye gentlefolk to the yard. Verily 'tis better than thine, I would teach thee, but I must levy a fee."

"When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York I told him that man is like the coral insect—designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moon to delight in after he is dead."

https://soundcloud.com/paralytik

W...t...f...... looks bloody awesome :blink:

"That video gave me epileptic seizures after 10 seconds. Would not watch again. ---"

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A small but true story.

Yesterday I saw two little birds doing the mating flight (or whatever they do). They playfully flew together and then the other bird smashed into our window.

I looked from the window and saw the crashed bird lying upside down on the grass of our backyard. It didn't move. The other bird landed next to it and jumped around the crashed bird, occasionally pecking it. It flew away but returned every now and then as if to see if the crashed bird was okay.

After ten mins or so the crashed bird came back to its senses and rose up. It just squatted in the grass and did not move, but seemed to just turn its head occasionally like it was monitoring its surroundings.

Then the cat came. I rarely see it in our backyard, but there it was, and I decided I would not interfere no matter what: the scientist's job is only to observe and learn.

The cat walked around like it was looking for something. Some bird flew by it occasionally, but I could not be sure it was the crashed bird buddy. The cat walked 5m next to the crashed bird, but some how did not spot it. Then it finally walked away after few exciting minutes.

At this stage I really needed to access our warehouse in the backyard so I had to open the backdoor which was just next to the crashed bird. The bird turned to look as I carefully opened to door. Then the crashed one flew to the branch of the nearby tree and sat there. When I came back from the warehouse, it was gone.

It may not be a big thing, but somehow I was very glad the bird got lucky. And the show was full of drama.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why is a video like this age-restricted? God forbid youngsters see what can happen if they mistreat one of these batteries, the way some of them did by "bend testing" Apple products.

"OMG, science is offensive!"

EDIT: Wow, that's really scary. Also interesting is that you are allowed to watch the video here, but not on Youtube.

I wonder though, can this eruption happen later?; Imagine if the battery was dropped or bent slightly by accident or something, is there a risk that this would happen later when its in the pocket?

Edited by kano

This can happen as soon as the Lithium in your battery gets in contact with air. Notice the red flame, that appears first? That is the spectral flame of Lithium. So to answer your question: Yes, it could also happen in your pocket, if the battery is severly damadged. But ususally this should not happen by accident. The battery is quite solid and as you can see in the video it takes several stabs and bending the hull, before it actually reacts.