The Dark Mod Forums

Random video of the day...

Bikerdude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcpoA0CWgt4

Laughed my ass off at the end of this video. I can just imagine some kid playing the game, finishing the level, and letting it sit at the completion screen sans pressing the start button to continue, only to well... I won't spoil it.

• Like 1

• Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

1 hour ago, Zerg Rush said:

Surveillance tech like this has the potential to help many people and also the potential to give the power to bad governments to suppress dissidente voices, like all tech has bad and good things, everything can be used to harm, we just need to mesure if the bad outweigh the good and personally, I don't know if it does in this case.

For example, Cellphones are used has surveillance tools, I know of two cases were people were arrested after a serious crime, because of evidence found on and because of their cellphones, so how many here are in favor of the ban of cellphones? 

• Like 1

I do not think so, although it is true that surveillance can help in certain cases, it is not admissible in such a massive way, which is a serious interference in the right to privacy.
For example, the introduction of Google Glasses with facial recognition for the security forces was rejected outright for this reason.
Would you like any police officer you meet on the street to know that you have a pending parking ticket? Although this is a slight example, this invariably also leads to abuse by the state, for example to recognize you from a demonstration against the current government.
We have security cameras in every corner of the city and there is no problem of applying facial recognition in concrete cases because of a crime later, but not in real time, as in this video, this would be worse than 1984, besides, the very existence of the video shows that this is not even safe against the vision of anyone, with which in addition to the serious privacy failure, it also becomes a security problem for the people who appear with names in this video.
Even on the mobile it is possible to deactivate the GPS without any problem.

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

20 hours ago, Zerg Rush said:

Even on the mobile it is possible to deactivate the GPS without any problem.

Also unrelated but me being an idiot on my commute today:

Edited by Anderson
  • Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a good pair of headphones or a nice stereo, play this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1b_lVAmumQ

If not for the Internet, I would never have gotten to hear the great music in this game, as it never came out where I live.

• Like 1

Yes, some Videogames have a very nice sound track. One of my favorites is this from Jedi- Fallen Order. made by an Mongolian Band - The Hu

https://tube.cadence.moe/watch?v=oJZfEh3EciU

Or also the Ingame Concert in Sacred II by the German Group  Blind Guardian

https://tube.cadence.moe/watch?v=JyfE55c_ZjI

But also The Dark Mod had some notables pieces, like this in Requiem, an old Chant from the 13 Century from the Magister Perotin, Beata Viscera. 

https://tube.cadence.moe/watch?v=VziQRBoPcZg

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We need an FM for TDM like this. Please do something like this someone lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

badge?user=andarson

In the TDM it can be only a vertical contest, with Garret startin from above, when you like to finish it without pressin nothing . But this will be a very short mission. LOL Most similar mission is Swing.

• Like 1

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson

another great ad. possibly the best

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson

The beat is really dope for what must be one of the oldest vids on YT:

The coolest thing is that the channel is still active. Still dope beats with good content:

Edited by Anderson
  • Like 1

badge?user=andarson