The Dark Mod Forums

Random video of the day...

Bikerdude

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

On 2/28/2022 at 6:14 PM, JackFarmer said:

You really do not have to watch that movie. :)

Usually every month I go to a movie event called Straight to video. We watch movies with low imdb ratings, usually from the 80s.

Although some of these aren't really fun, like:

Edited by datiswous

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JackFarmer said:

Would be great if you could check it out in April and let me know whether it is good...although I do not have doubts about that.

I heard about this the other day. Considering the guy's record, yeah, it will definitely be worth a watch. I'll let you know if it holds up. And do things still get released on DVD????

4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I heard about this the other day. Considering the guy's record, yeah, it will definitely be worth a watch. I'll let you know if it holds up. And do things still get released on DVD????

Yes, my friend: I bought a few weeks ago "The Deuce" on regular DVD and I am pretty sure that the last season of Better Call Saul will also be released on DVD.  :)

...but I could not resist to buy "Lovecraft County" (which I have not seen yet) on BluRay...as I also bought the HBO Watchmen series on Bluray. :)

I am looking forward to reading your report!

On 3/21/2022 at 7:15 PM, Amadeus said:

I am very excited for the last season of Better Call Saul. It'll be the end of an era when that show finally ends.

Oh, yes, fully agreed.

...and the writers Peter Gould and Vince Gilligan are part of the top 5:

1. Jack Farmer

2. David Simon

3. Peter Gould/Vince Gilligan

4. Ron Moore

5. David Lindelof

When I see this truly epochal list, my heart warms and I am very close to tears!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JackFarmer said:

Speaking of which, is there already a release date?

Yep, April 18th. Although that's for the US, not sure what it will be for Germany

• Thanks 1

"Dinge erklärt - kurzgesagt"  is a channel on which all kinds of questions from the natural sciences, politics and philosophy are illuminated in vivid 10 - 13 minute videos.

German version:

https://piped.kavin.rocks/channel/UCwRH985XgMYXQ6NxXDo8npw

English version:

https://piped.kavin.rocks/channel/UCsXVk37bltHxD1rDPwtNM8Q

Very entertaining, here a few of my favorite videos:

The Fermi Paradox - Why we should NOT look for aliens:
https://piped.kavin.rocks/watch?v=xAUJYP8tnRE

The day the dinosaurs died - minute by minute:
https://piped.kavin.rocks/watch?v=dFCbJmgeHmA

What if Earth got kicked out of the solar system?
https://piped.kavin.rocks/watch?v=gLZJlf5rHVs

Edited by JackFarmer

6 minutes ago, datiswous said:

Does he just do one of these Prey portals here?

I don't think that is really a Prey portal, but a cleaver trick done with real time room swapping (or no swapping at all, just a copy of the room at the other side of the tunnel) or player instant transport, why I think so, because a Prey portal, doesn't need a tunnel, it works exactly like a Valve Portal, portal, meaning you can pass from one region to another totally different, seamlessly. But I could be wrong and he is using the Prey version of idtech 4.