The Dark Mod Forums

Random video of the day...

Bikerdude

I wonder if he is a legit anarchist

• Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

oh gawd

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...

Science!

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...

I'm used to elected officials constantly selling me out, but inciting an insurrection is a new low!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpym-vAH8OQ

Come to think of it, asking other officials to "find me 12,000 votes" is pretty bad too.

What amuses me the most is that if he had accepted the loss like a man instead of like a 9-year-old, he could have ran in the next election in 2024, and probably have won.

Edited by kano
  • Like 2

On 1/11/2021 at 9:43 AM, STiFU said:

That nostalgia hits hard!! ❤️ 

It's shiny but it's not faithful to the moody and dark palette as the original Morrowind for some reason. 😕

badge?user=andarson

I haven't played Doom Eternal yet, but it's great to hear this tune in full dymnamic range, after all these years! :D

Original Doom 3 track is awfully compressed, it sounds as if it was recorded through a vacuum cleaner hose. There are many sound effects you couldn't hear clearly because of that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In 2017 China inaugurated a glass bridge on a cliff at a height of 1160m high and 266m long as a tourist attraction. Although absolutely safe with the armored glass used, the engineers thought to make the experience more interesting, incorporating some special effects in the bottom, randomly simulating the breaking of the glass, with the result that we will see in this video. Whether fresh underpants were distributed at the exit is unknown.

• Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Looks like Play Station 5 isn't quite what's advertised.

But these problems didn't appear yesterday.

Edited by Anderson
  • Haha 1

badge?user=andarson

Waiting for the upcoming Mandalore video on Deadly Shadows, should be fun.

I didn't hate DS, it's certainly a better effort than goddamn Invisible War. But like you say, it has shortcomings. The engine is less than stellar and in some design aspects they just got lazy. For example "Steal three special loot objects" or "Steal 90% of the loot in the mission", as opposed to doing it the old way with actual flair. And Cradle can go fuck itself, even though it was the most memorable thing about the game.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, roygato said:

Waiting for the upcoming Mandalore video on Deadly Shadows, should be fun.

Well, speak of the devil.

I had forgotten so much already. The tutorial in particular looks awful, and this had 3rd person too??? The movement bug he talks about at 19:15 drove me insane.

Also, what an asshole I am for not looking for fan patches. I suppose I'll chalk it up to being fairly new to single player PC gaming at the time. But seeing all the fixes the fan patch brings is kind of astounding. No more loading screens alone would've been a godsend.

As for other stuff, the AI brawls were so much fun. It's dumb, but I love that shit. Not having rope arrows sucked, the loot quota presentation sucked. The level designs themselves being so cramped I didn't remember either until he pointed it out. I didn't have big feelings one way or another for the story of DS, but it delving into the Keepers seemed appropriate. Cradle is Cradle; love it or hate it (and I hated it, because I didn't sign up for this shit), it is very well put together and immensely memorable.

Not sure if he'll do a TDM video any time soon, but he does end this one with "TDM is great", so there is that at least.

Edited by roygato
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t5brAyCVSw

Yes, it will run Thief with hardware acceleration. I had to find out. But emulating a Pentium ii/K6-2 is at the very limit of what this program can do, at least on a I7 10700k. The question is, why is emulating an X86 CPU so much slower when compared to something like a Wii emulator? Not to knock the skills of the lady who made this PC emulator, it is very nice.

This is actually the first one I've seen that emulates a 3dfx card, all on your CPU. For years we've wanted to see an emulator that can run Windows 95/98, and someone finally made it happen. Although you can get 9x to run in Virtualbox/Vmware, it sucks because there is no 3D acceleration support, and you have to use flaky Vesa video drivers.

Edited by kano

• 3 weeks later...

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson