The Dark Mod Forums

My take on a Zombie

greebo

If I'm not mistaken all you should need to do to correct the normal map from Blender is invert the green channel. NVidia and ATI have separate conventions and there is no consensus as to which one should be the standard.

You're right, thank you for that tip! Now I can go back to using Blender's bake result, it's so much faster than renderbump.

Here's the new version, as committed to SVN a minute ago:

zombieshot21.jpg

I could fix most of the issues you mentioned Springheel. The shoulder should be a bit better now, but there's a lot of restriction since the LeftArm/RightArm joint positions are defined by the existing animations, I have to work with them. The skins have been re-done, the normalmap is fixed now.

I haven't separated the head yet, I might look into that if nothing else is wrong with this version.

This will be the stuff of nightmares when they come shuffling towards you.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Indeed, there's something macabre about it. Great work!

PS: I was wondering why exactly must the new zombie use the existing skeleton necessarily - is it to re-use existing civillian/guards animations?

Edited by RPGista

I could fix most of the issues you mentioned Springheel.

Wow, he looks fantastic now, and amazingly creepy in low light! :)

One small suggestion might be to dull down the teeth a bit. They look very bright white at the moment. A dull yellow or dirty grey might look better.

post-9-0-56600500-1345903398_thumb.jpg

Excellent. Plopped him down in the test/zombie map and he looked right at home. Hopefully we'll find someone with some animating experience willing to come up with some custom animations for him.

post-9-0-90887700-1345921161_thumb.jpg

• Like 1