The Dark Mod Forums

Needed for Standalone: Master Model List

Springheel

I can take a look at it if you like. If the uv data is there there's no reason it shouldn't be saving.

BTW, if the diffuse is just going to be fairly generic materials, it would be very helpful to just re-use existing textures. The more often we can re-use textures, the less time it takes to load maps.

I opened it, tripled it, and saved it as a .lwo and didn't get any error. It works fine in game.

Did you plan on working further on the textures or do you want me to point the model to an existing texture and add it to SVN?

The lightwave .lwo exporter kills it.

Did you use the "export" option or just the "save" option?

Do you also need some graphics? Or do you use none of them from D3?

There is a list of textures that we need here: http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Missing_assets_for_standalone_TDM

Is there a way to convert the .lwo files so that I can work on them with Maya?

There's probably a .lwo converter for Maya, but I don't really know.

Thanks Spring.

Got it ingame now. Fully working and with correct edge split.

Do we have a single texture that fits?

Will replace these next:

furniture/beds/mattress.lwo

models/mapobjects/caves/caverock1.ase

models/mapobjects/hell/mancroom/bars.lwo

Do we have a single texture that fits?

It doesn't have to be a single texture...you could point the head mesh at one material and the handle at another. But there are some good candidates:

hammer_d

ship_cannon_d

smithyhammer_d

spade_d

the .dds version can be found in darkmod/dds/models/props/textures, the .jpg preview can be found in darkmod/models/props/textures.

If I understood correctly, you need to look for the corresponding .pk4 file (tdm_models01, etc) and unpack them.

PS: Cool that you guys are interested in helping!

Edited by RPGista

There is a list of textures that we need here: http://wiki.thedarkm..._standalone_TDM

OK, thank you. One additional question: I have remade some textures from the list. But how close do you want to have them in comparison to the original? Here are some examples I made. Are they too close? (No, I don't used the copy tool, I made them from scratch.)

textures_comparison.jpg

• Like 3

These all look good to me, and close enough.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

If you want to send them to me when you're done I'll make sure they get added. At this rate I'm going to need to make a folder to keep all these in. :)

Hello guys,

I know you may not know how to use maya but I'll expuse my problem. I have your models and everything in my computer. Maya can open obj. formats however for some reason it can't open your files. (I have Lightwave to transform my modelings from maya to lwo. format).

If you have Lightwave, you should be able to just export it as an .obj and then open it in Maya. Which part of the process is going wrong?

it's possible I modify the style of an object remaing the size and other important aspects?

Can you be more specific?

Sorry, I still don't know what you mean. There are no chairs on the list of models needed for standalone. Are you talking about just making a chair model? If that's the case, you can make the chair however you like, though if you want AI to be able to sit on it the seat needs to be about the same height as our existing chairs.